All Treasure Hunting

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I remember of the story, he was seen wandering around the cliffs for days, then one evening he went past the mill with his mule. The saddlebags were jingling as if the were coins inside. The next morning the mule was found wandering by itself, without the saddlebags, and without the Indian. Later there were remains found user a cliff with clothes like those the Indian was wearing. There is more of the story, but that is all I remember.

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks swiftfan. I had never heard that story. I live in Sandy Hook so its pretty interesting to me. Do you remember where you heard that story. I seen you are from Pikeville and had a metal detector. If you ever need a partner I live to detect. Not only do I detect for lost treasure but I detect old homes, churches, etc... Drop me a message sometime. God bless!

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I read the story in Mike Steely's book. pg. 50-51. The Indian was Peter Cornstalk.

OP
OP
Curtis

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try to dig it out again and give you the details....been busy with work haven't had time to do much. Swift fan has laid it out pert well, details like the big black mule and the Indian's skeleton being at a doctors for years are associated. Will find it soon.

Curtis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread