Suggestion. Maybe the search needs to go higher tech?

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, we have all seen the news reports by now of the close calls aircraft have had with drones around airports. That being said and obviously illegal to fly in restricted airspace, has anyone here considered the possible use of such a device to help with the search on and along the cliffs. The amount of area that could be covered in a day could be quite large. I recently stumbled across a video on YouTube of a drone/quadcopter with a HD camera onboard flying over and around Cloudsplitter in the Red River Gorge. It had a range of approx. 500 yards and was a completely stable camera platform. I think this could be a very useful tool for those needing to check larger areas in more detail. From what little research I have done on these quadcopters, you can pick one up for as little as $100 but they can get pricey as you extend range and fly time to several thousand dollars. Apparently they are not difficult to fly and most have a 'return home' feature. Just a suggestion, any thoughts?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Create a NON-Profit corporation for TREASURE Research & Investigation, MAYBE connected to some University; get a Board of Directors (Treasure Hunters) to "guide you". With university "endorsement", could probably get "Fed" approval for limited use of drone/quad-copter for RESEARCH purposes; which is one of the "conditions" of being a 501 (c) (3). Get a TRAINED "High-tech" guy/gal to "run" the D/Q-c) "program" on targeted "areas". This would enhance PRIMARY Safety "factors"; you would STILL need "Boots-on-the ground"... for RECOVERY OPERATIONS (SECONDARY). ALL of this is VERY similar to REMOTE-VIEWING in Operation STAR-GATE, US ARMY INTELLIGENCE/CIA/NSA "stuff"; HH! Good Luck! :coffee2: Coffee...?

Last edited:

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tower Hobbies has a good drone for around $700, anything much cheaper can't carry the weight of a good camera, nor have a long enough battery power for sustained flight. I don't think you have to have anything special permission wise if its used in the woods and remote places...just if you are near airports. It is a good tool for treasure hunters that need to examine cliffs, most of have wondered if there was something in that hole 100 feet up the cliff.

Howerton Bradwell

Nov 28, 2013
Maysville, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Red Baron by Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The government would take everything in a New York second if someone found the treasure, even if it is on private land. They would label it as "historical" and that would be it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread