Pine Mountain Trail.

Oct 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been walking the trail for a while now and have seen a few caves and markings not too far off the trail near the KY/VA border. I was wondering if anyone knew of any clues or caves near the same area. Would love to see how many they really are just hiding in the mountains. Brand new to the caving scene and every time its a rush seeing something new!

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always wanted to go down there and do some camping and exploring. Maybe when I have more free time. I had heard that the Indians called it hollow mountain, others told me it was called sacred mountain by them. Either way, the speculation is that it was considered a holy place to one of the tribes. My guess is that only a certain area was considered sacred since the whole mountain (ridge) is enormous when you look at a topographical map. Somewhere on here are some good threads about that area and Pound Gap, maybe you should scan back through and check it out? The idea has been thrown around also that this area is the 'great ridge' referred to by Swift as well.

mrslojo

Oct 24, 2015
Eastern, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where a few caves are in the area. I've heard the old timers say there are at least 10-15 major caves stretching from pound to the breaks interstate park. The bad thing about it is there are at least 2 stone quarries in the area so its hard to say how many caves have been blasted in over the years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread