What Are These Symbols/ Carvings?

Red Shirt

Feb 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was needing some help trying to figure out what these carvings mean. I figured some of you guys could help me. They seem like initials at first but then when you look at them closely I don't think thats what they are. There is an odd symbol around them that looks like a G but I don't know what it means. The broken rock carving is very odd too. The tree carving looks like a ladder. I found all these in the same place. Just didn't know if any of you guys had seen similar things on your Swift hunts.

lightning.jpg Bottom Carvings.jpg Carving1.jpg Carving2.jpg Carving12.jpg Tree Ladder.jpg

OP
OP
R

Red Shirt

Feb 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The carving from the second picture is on the same rock as the other two carvings, but it is at the same angle as it is shown on the picture. I don't know why someone would carve their initials like this, with the o so much smaller than the E, and make the o different every time, both in shape and size. Just doesn't seem right.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm clueless on those. Probably benign markings of teenagers <shrug>.
The 'B' and 'E' almost look greek and the 'o' almost resembles a greek letter theta. The symbol surrounding the letters reminds me of something I did in math involving matrix....ohh that was long ago!
The last picture is interesting because of the texture of the carving into the tree. The first picture looks to be cracks in the rock to me. But I have an untrained eye.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
If you have a FULL MOON sign on a tree or rock... look like TWO "treasures"; ONE before reaching that "sign", and ONE after that "sign"; EQUAL distances. MAY be a cave; letters are interesting... with a small HEART to upper left of "E". :tongue3:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The "Ladder" is of GREAT interest to me, as I have seen it before (MOSTLY from "Caving"). Top two ladder steps are missing, as if to cause a fall from "cave entrance" BE CAREFUL! And at the bottom of "cave entrance" is the "E" with the small HEART; the "pic" of the "ladder" has two lines, as if to "say"... two "Rungs" are missing... BE WARNED! NOT sure what the "oval" shape means below the "Ladder", unless the "cache" is in a "hole-in-wall" of "the cave". Sounds like an OUTLAW "Cache". HH! Good Luck!

Last edited:

cmoney2237

Nov 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know the type of tree it is? Knowing the tree can date it and give the ladder relevance or not.

cmoney2237

Nov 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's a beech, they can live up to 300 yrs.... possible rule out teenagers. Could be on to something real big.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Pretty sure the Beech Tree imaged above is quite young. I have an estimated 220 year old Beech on my property and it's in the neighborhood of 13 feet in circumference.

cmoney2237

Nov 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure the Beech Tree imaged above is quite young. I have an estimated 220 year old Beech on my property and it's in the neighborhood of 13 feet in circumference.

Yeah it's definitely not that old. Only appears to be 4 or 5 feet around...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions