Gibson, Steely and others give a presentation on Swift near the Breaks

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping Bill Gibson would have brought some coins to show (unless he did and I just missed it; hard to hear). His story sounds very valid, Im just a proof guy. Not doubting his find just want to see one of the coins.

OP
OP
KY Hiker

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping Bill Gibson would have brought some coins to show (unless he did and I just missed it; hard to hear). His story sounds very valid, Im just a proof guy. Not doubting his find just want to see one of the coins.

I think we all have some St. Thomas within us.

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass
I own one of the coins, he had them tested they are real, I have posted pictures of the certificate of authenticity over on the facebook group as well as the coin. I have seen many many many of them. Heaping piles. They are legit. Ive also been to the cave 3 times and in it once. Going back very soon.

OP
OP
KY Hiker

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own one of the coins, he had them tested they are real, I have posted pictures of the certificate of authenticity over on the facebook group as well as the coin. I have seen many many many of them. Heaping piles. They are legit. Ive also been to the cave 3 times and in it once. Going back very soon.

Congrats to you, you own a piece of history! I am envious. What date does your coin have and are they all the same date?

Last edited:

DMSDAK

Jul 30, 2006
Southeast Bluegrass
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass
My coin is dated 1738, I looked through hundreds of them to pick it out, they were dated from the 1730's to the 1760's.

OP
OP
KY Hiker

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there are still several kegs in that cave, more than likely Swift's stash. No one has come across them again, yet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread