KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, what it does to a tree, depending on the type of tree is splintering. Without a hole to focus the charge about the only thing it will do is bring stuff from above down I would expect. Anything loose between you and the can will project toward you, and the projectile will be hitting rock and that is never a good idea. You need 50 yards or so for somewhat safe distance, with rock you may want 100 yards. Let me know how that turns out.....[/QUOTE

Not sure what one you was using but the ones I've had experience with said 100 yds. safe distance on the container. Maybe yours was smaller. IDK Don't think I would have wanted to be any closer and the second one we was farther away. Believe me the rock showed evidence of an explosion.

I have 5 acres with a creek through the bottom, its about 50yrds to the creek from where I shoot and its about 40ft in elevation above the creek. The tree I took out was along a deer trail by the creek, it all stayed down there except the concussion wave which my wife said shook the house a bit.

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
The johnathan swift story has been so mangled thru the last 250 yrs I don't believe the journals per say. Swift was real and was here doing something that's a fact. He gives vague clues that do add up, well depending on how you Invision the legend.

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
The johnathan swift story has been so mangled thru the last 250 yrs I don't believe the journals per say. Swift was real and was here doing something that's a fact. He gives vague clues that do add up, well depending on how you Invision the legend.

I think you are right about the journals. I also think that thinking outside the box/journals will probably be more productive than chasing most of the journals.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since there is no way to determine which if any of the existing journals are real or true, all anyone can do is deduce and speculate until some physical evidence is found. Then go from there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions