what happenes when swift mines are found and authenticated

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because i found the three mines [with a indian mine ] in front of a very large horizontal mine dug several hundred feet into hillside behind the indian mine + two other mines which are also very extensive on the same mountain all three at different elevations i now have what i believe is authentication these are his mines . will everyone quit looking or will they continue to search for the lower mines or the west mines i believe the mines i found are his upper mines ? i can only hope all of you will continue the search if i do prove these are his it will give credability to the ledgen and give new life to it. hope you agree im not trying to say for shure these are his but i have also found a cave within ten miles of these mines locals i talked to gave me this information last week . i have not been to it yet do not now if it ties in or not. although it seems to me he would not transport his metals very far from his mine because of indian troubles give me your thoughts. thanks .rgb1

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
There would be some that wont believe even if it has Swifts Mines carved in stone and it carbon dated 1763 at the mouth of the mines. Then there'll be some that will keep looking for the other mines. some will give up the search. There will be a multitude with mixed emotions about it.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because i found the three mines [with a indian mine ] in front of a very large horizontal mine dug several hundred feet into hillside behind the indian mine + two other mines which are also very extensive on the same mountain all three at different elevations i now have what i believe is authentication these are his mines . will everyone quit looking or will they continue to search for the lower mines or the west mines i believe the mines i found are his upper mines ? i can only hope all of you will continue the search if i do prove these are his it will give credability to the ledgen and give new life to it. hope you agree im not trying to say for shure these are his but i have also found a cave within ten miles of these mines locals i talked to gave me this information last week . i have not been to it yet do not now if it ties in or not. although it seems to me he would not transport his metals very far from his mine because of indian troubles give me your thoughts. thanks .rgb1

I have to agree, you will have various reactions; disbelief, discouraged debunkers, tried and true silver seekers and even others saying not now, I'm busy looking over here. The problem will be proving beyond a doubt its the mine(s) of the legend. Without ore in the shaft, a JS cufflink and a good carving within eye shot of the openings many people will be in disbelief. Look at what Bill Gibson had to deal with, and he had coins in hand! I will say, it sounds like you have all three right there, upper, middle and lower on the same mountain! This is how Mrs. Rebecca Timmins interpreted the journal, she explored on top of the cliff and from below. Her ore had silver and gold within it assayed, but no one to finance a deeper dig to get to the richer ore.
https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...lver&y=7&x=14&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=5
https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...lver&y=7&x=14&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=4
https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...lver&y=7&x=14&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=6
I for one would be happy for you and your discovery once its in your hands. I have said this before, I'm looking for the truth of this, that is the cake and any silver found along the way would be icing on that cake. This man may have been a patriot, and with proof he could and should be celebrated as one.

Now, just how will you get these mine authenticated? What I mean is, who do you call to verify its the real deal? :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have something in my hand i think you would agree with . i just finished posting a reply took over 30 minutes got kicked of told i was not logged in maybe will post it tomorrow

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have something in my hand i think you would agree with . i just finished posting a reply took over 30 minutes got kicked of told i was not logged in maybe will post it tomorrow

That happens to me often, I think my internet connection resets and causes that. Next time it happens leave your window open where your typing and open another one and go to treasurenet and login on it again. Then what you have typed on the first screen should post when you click that button.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Another thing you can do is back page, right click on the window you typed in, select all, copy, then after you log back in you can copy everything you wrote again in the window. I have to do that when I time out after writing too much.

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you rgb1

Last edited:

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other

That happens to me too if I spend much time checking facts that are to be in the post.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually type out in note pad and copy it to a post to keep that from happening. I would like to at least visit the mines. From there start back tracing the paths they used. I have found and been on some of the oldest path in eastern Ky, and it’s always a thrill to find something time has forgotten!!

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually type out in note pad and copy it to a post to keep that from happening. I would like to at least visit the mines. From there start back tracing the paths they used. I have found and been on some of the oldest path in eastern Ky, and it’s always a thrill to find something time has forgotten!!

Some of the Indian trail trees and markers are exciting to find. 250yr old road signs basically. I have found three so far, two are near Rock Bridge/Swift Camp Creek.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please try it again, you have peaked my interest!

Think they might do a National Treasure Movie based on the Swift Legend? :hello:

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually i believe they will do several shows and possibly a movie on the swift story the more i learn the more i believe this is possibly one of the greatest stories in our history that i believe is 90 % true when i show and tell you will all be amazed at things i have found you will all wonder why you seen things you have looked over in your search , im no smarter than you i just went about it in a different way. will try to get time to give explanation soon as i get time as of now my time is limited.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually try to type longer posts in in WORD, the copy and pate into reply, it even has a better spell checker.

Brushy Bandit

Jan 11, 2017
Carter County, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the Indian trail trees and markers are exciting to find. 250yr old road signs basically. I have found three so far, two are near Rock Bridge/Swift Camp Creek.

Im glad you have taken a liking to em. I remember you thought I'd lost marbles when I posted my first one.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I come across dismissive, it comes from my upbringing. My dad was both a lawyer and engineer, it rubbed off on me...the older I get the more I realize how much more like him I am than I like to admit. Sorry, that was not my intent. I tend to over analyze things and that comes across as being critical in nature. ...and for the record, most people probably think we ALL have lost are marbles spending time and effort on this legend.

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have tried several times to post explanation so far no luck its about 8 pages long grandaughter said will help soon as she gets time.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hourglass: Maybe you can open notepad or wordpad in windows, type your message offline then right click in that window and click on <select all>...right click again and click <copy>. Open your web browser and get to this web site. Right click in the window you want to type and click <paste>. Maybe that will help? swiftfan mentioned this earlier in this thread.

You might have to post it in pieces...I don't know if Treasurenet has a limit to size of each post or not.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread