Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmm Brushy and I know where a big turtle rock is near the Caney Creek boat ramp, if you eliminated the road thru there is could be a box canyon of sorts...if you stand on the turtle rock and look down stream --right across form the Indian mine (near the 101 carving) is a cliff you can see thru. It is not the gap with a lid ...but high up..of course we are always trying to make what we know fit the story...haha.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is all any of us can do, since there is nothing left to go by but the journals! Classic treasure legend issue.... trying to make things fit, and read between the lines...

OP
OP
-Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
Actually from the window in the TurtleBack Rock pic I posted in another topic, you can look through and see the mouth of a branch, up this branch is a area where you can find a very small hole in the ground. It actually drops down about 10ft like Swift describes and levels off. It's a dangerous cave with the creek running underground and huge sink holes and drop offs. I've been in this cave once, but that was before I got into the Swift legend.. Area fits the description of the middle mine location.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread