OP
OP
K

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
I do love to hunt arrowheads ,and im usually under and around every rock i see ,i will start keeping a eye out for rock carvings and such.

It gets habit forming. You'll catch yourself looking at thing through a different perspective.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like I remember a post that Boomer made about the cache at Louisa not being there anymore some years back. Think he found it tied in with the Indian waybill maybe, or when he was tracing the Indian waybill out one or the other.

I remember that as well, I do not remember anything of another burial along 25 mile creek.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember that as well, I do not remember anything of another burial along 25 mile creek.

Read Swift's Journal about his ladening been shot by the Indians and he had to cancel the pack horse's load at the mouth of a branch or creek. I am quite sure it is the right location.

OP
OP
K

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep I think i's the right location too. Where he buried it in the rock house with a sprang on the side of the rock house. it was buried on the right side as ya go in the rock house if I remember right. I think they might have buried more than just that horse load there in that area. The store house might even be in that area.

Last edited:

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sawmill man, I too have ancestors much like yours from my moms side... Ratliff..been here forever so to speak. The Irish were usually indentured servants, like you mentioned.. Slaves.. were more or less owned for a time until they worked of the debt to get them here. Some of Swifts group were probably Irish too. I differ in that I am so interested in this swift silver mine thing.haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread