Help finding story

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for all the threads and posts lately people; just getting back into the hunt and playing catch up ha ha. I used to have one of Michael Paul Hensons books that listed treasure legends in KY counties. He had a couple legends for Morgan County. Does anyone have that book that could send me a picture of the Morgan County Legends? I cant remember the exact book but seems like maybe it had treasures stories for Ky Indiana and Illinois. Just cant remember. Thanks all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may have been in his "Guide to Treasure in Kentucky Book." Man his books are hard to find. Out of print everywhere.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The on Kentucky and Indiana is incredibly hard to find. Our library had a copy at one time and I went looking for it but it was either stolen or lost in the archives??? I found 1 copy on ABEBOOKS for maybe $60 or $100 and didn't think it was worth the money.

Here is a link I've had for a while that may help https://ed-henson.blogspot.com/2011/03/michael-paul.html

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a book by MP Henson titled "America's Lost Treasures." Not what your looking for, but it does have a few pages on Kentucky.

OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man thanks! Yes I checked four counties around me! Four counties that should have the books out of any other. Powell, Wolfe, Morgan and Elliott. I can not find it either. Ill check that site out!

The on Kentucky and Indiana is incredibly hard to find. Our library had a copy at one time and I went looking for it but it was either stolen or lost in the archives??? I found 1 copy on ABEBOOKS for maybe $60 or $100 and didn't think it was worth the money.

Here is a link I've had for a while that may help https://ed-henson.blogspot.com/2011/03/michael-paul.html

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the book you are talking about if i can find it do not know if i loaned it or not also have another called an eastern th ing it has 2 pages on ky i will send with others soon as i get time mabey i can find the one on ky it also has another verson of swift journal

OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man that would be awesome! Just looking for those few paragraphs about Morgan County. The story is about a man who lived close to where I do that buried money on his farm. Just cant remember the details at all. Thank you for looking for me!

i have the book you are talking about if i can find it do not know if i loaned it or not also have another called an eastern th ing it has 2 pages on ky i will send with others soon as i get time mabey i can find the one on ky it also has another verson of swift journal

OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks KY Hiker. I think the book is called "A Guide to Treasure In Kentucky." I remember the cover of it. Yeah like someone said above its almost impossible to find and the only one I found was $90! Wish someone would reprint Hensons books.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think most of his books were published by a small company in Jeffersonville, IN right across the Ohio River from Louisville. Used to be a handful of second hand bookstores in Louisville back in the day... also any thrift stores or Goodwill stores will have book sections to try.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576020354.011289.jpg is this it?

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have book posted by swiftfan will send copy with rest of what i was going to send you do not have the other one do not know if i ever had it will look thru other areas of my books if i find it will send it later.

OP
OP
EC.Mason

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow man thanks a lot! I appreciate what you have sent me so far!

i have book posted by swiftfan will send copy with rest of what i was going to send you do not have the other one do not know if i ever had it will look thru other areas of my books if i find it will send it later.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mason,

If you have anything on Indiana I would like to see it. I'm going to keep an eye out for a copy of this book as well. Thanks,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread