Assay Report. Thought some might like to see what one looks like.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ken, if you plan to profit from your find, how will you pulverize and process your ore? Usually that is done with some large industrial equipment. Also, you have considered the volume of the bucket on your tractor, what about its weight limit? That would suck to blow your tractor up. I guess you have a lot to consider, the logistics and investment being big parts...good luck.

OP
OP
K

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ken, if you plan to profit from your find, how will you pulverize and process your ore? Usually that is done with some large industrial equipment. Also, you have considered the volume of the bucket on your tractor, what about its weight limit? That would suck to blow your tractor up. I guess you have a lot to consider, the logistics and investment being big parts...good luck.

When yo buy a tractor/bucket combo they wont put a bucket on it that will exceed the weight limit of the tractor. This is mining country, there is lots of equipment to be had reasonable. What would be needed can be fabricated if not available, one of the advantages of having a son that's a welder.

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey ken if you want to start in small way its very simple to do , crush you can start with morter and pestal mix pool shock ( chlorine ) , HCL (muratic acid )and water after seperation of solids filter thru 3 thick coffee filters , then precipate with ferrous sulfate if you want i will give you complete instructions on how to do this this is what was used in western US before cyanide . (caution this creates chlorine gas and must be done outside) RGB1

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
hey ken if you want to start in small way its very simple to do , crush you can start with morter and pestal mix pool shock ( chlorine ) , HCL (muratic acid )and water after seperation of solids filter thru 3 thick coffee filters , then precipate with ferrous sulfate if you want i will give you complete instructions on how to do this this is what was used in western US before cyanide . (caution this creates chlorine gas and must be done outside) RGB1

Thank You RGB1 Yes I would like to have the recipe and instruction . That will be a place to start. Get deeper in the vein and see if the metals get richer. If a person processes 10 lb. of material and multiplies x 200 , it should give one an idea as to what a ton of ore produces. These samples wasn't roasted for the assay so roasting before processing may up the yield considerably. After all Swift roasted the ore if I understand it right.

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ken this is just a basic outline there is other things involved such as a (orp meter) this stands fof oxididation reduction potential meter you have to also have other things involved for seperation there is other things for precipatation will give everthing in volved when i get with you its not to hard to do after you understand itrgb1

OP
OP
K

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been in the hospital with pneumonia and figure it will be a while before I'm out much anyway. Still feeling like been run over with a truck. It would be much easier to understand watching someone go through a sample of ore I'm sure.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't Swift use salt in his process? I seem to remember that being stated by someone on here in the past. I would think you could replicate Swift's process using modern equipment making it easier. Certainly won't clean it to sterling quality but get you in the 90%+ purity level.

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
salt in the smelting process is rabeled into the liquid metal thus produceing chlorine which unites with the silver creating pure silver chloride this is collected from the top and then smelted seperatly produceing pure silver to be coined or poured into bars gold does unite with chlorine in todays world they use chlorine gas

Last edited:

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never heard of platinum metals being found in tubes before usualy is found with other associated metals

OP
OP
K

Ken S.

Oct 1, 2018
Paintsville,Ky.
Primary Interest:
Other
Didn't Swift use salt in his process? I seem to remember that being stated by someone on here in the past. I would think you could replicate Swift's process using modern equipment making it easier. Certainly won't clean it to sterling quality but get you in the 90%+ purity level.

.925 purity is sterling silver.
If ya pay attention to the assay the true value isn't in the silver that would come out of it at all. I 'd be more interested in the Gold , Palladium , and Rhodium . The silver wouldn't pay for the fuel for the tractor but the Platinum and Silver might.

Last edited:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
salt in the smelting process is rabeled into the liquid metal thus produceing chlorine which unites with the silver creating pure silver chloride this is collected from the top and then smelted seperatly produceing pure silver to be coined or poured into bars gold does unite with chlorine in todays world they use chlorine gas

I wonder what happens to the sodium or potassium once the chlorine bonds are broken. I know the fire is an oxidizer and that it also produces CO and Co2 and water... Wow a little H.S. chemistry just came out of my brain.

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hiker sodium and potassium both burn around 1500 degrees dont remember exact temp but potassium is used in potassium nitrate and sodium in sodium nitrate both burn in this form at around 5000 degrees and are used in smelting fluxes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread