cache sites

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
due to much research and study of the swift legend i have located areas of sites that are very good possibilities of cache sights of swift on his travels these have never been investigated by anyone i have never seen any mention by anyone on the net of these areas being investagated if anyone is interested i will give this information to anyone that will sign a nondisclousure and an agreement i know this sounds like i do not want to do this my self but due to my age and other things i am involved in i do not have the time it would take to do this as most know i am writeing a book i have made many trips to ky and must still due more research, i have been told by others a person is trying to tear me down and saying i know nothing and have nothing thats ok i guess time will tell , ,

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep in the older threads here I remember reading of various stashes being found. Obviously Bill Gibson's find deep in Pigeon Water cave was one of them. Another, as I recall, was in a rockhouse. The third was under a slab of rock near a forked oak.... all they found was a disturbed area and someone beat them to it. Sorry, I don't remember the names/handles of the writers who made these claims.

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hiker im very familar with these posts however these are totaly different i have found these because of more research it seems no one else have found these if they had im shure they would post or crow about itat 80 years old i just cant at this time do it my health is great i just do not have the time right now i did trust most however it seems it was usually a mistake now i trust no one that is why i do not post more than i do

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hiker im very familar with these posts however these are totaly different i have found these because of more research it seems no one else have found these if they had im shure they would post or crow about itat 80 years old i just cant at this time do it my health is great i just do not have the time right now i did trust most however it seems it was usually a mistake now i trust no one that is why i do not post more than i do

Sorry to hear that, some people find the only up is by stepping on others...sad. That same attitude is probably how the journals got so messed up over the years!

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still think there is a secondary reason no MTs are allowed in the RRG. Very strict rules about digging too. They say it is because of Indian artifacts, in the back of my mind I really wonder how many Indian artifacts would actually have metal in them...also no sleeping or fire building in rock houses, yet for centuries they were used as shelters by natives. I read an article while doing some Swift research a couple of years ago that said somewhere between the RRG and Westwardly toward Clay City there was a silver bar (tug) found on the bank of the Red River by a local fisherman. I'll try to find it again and post it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i regretfully have decided to withdraw my offer due to some things and attitudes of some i will investigate these sights with my partner my health is holding up andi believe i will have time next fall to investigate what i have discovered i know there is places that have been dug and investigated but what was found it seems these would have been talked about it would be hard to hide family would have slipped even if finder did not want it to come out it would have happened someone would have talked only if the finder was a loner would it not been told.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i regretfully have decided to withdraw my offer due to some things and attitudes of some i will investigate these sights with my partner my health is holding up andi believe i will have time next fall to investigate what i have discovered i know there is places that have been dug and investigated but what was found it seems these would have been talked about it would be hard to hide family would have slipped even if finder did not want it to come out it would have happened someone would have talked only if the finder was a loner would it not been told.

That is probably for the better on your part, if it is a result of your own research it is rightfully yours to find anyway. Not so sure about that, Bill Gibson went into that cave alone in 1968 or 69. He talked about it the rest of his life! Stay healthy rgb1 and good luck in the Fall!

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks hiker hopefully will get it done

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Been working on the cave trip. I have now equipment to look past the sump, and then to go through the sump, and then on to the spot where the coins were found. It was said that he never recovered all of them, as he could only carry out the 100 or so pounds of the coins he did get. Just working on the finer details. And only two people will be going with me. No more details until it’s done.

OP
OP
rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope you find the spot and find a bunch bill could not transport please be careful caves can be very dangerous its not worth your life good luck

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been working on the cave trip. I have now equipment to look past the sump, and then to go through the sump, and then on to the spot where the coins were found. It was said that he never recovered all of them, as he could only carry out the 100 or so pounds of the coins he did get. Just working on the finer details. And only two people will be going with me. No more details until it’s done.

Review that video I posted a link to, he describes a river and a steep ledge he had to crawl along...yes be Very careful. Should be two or more kegs left according to what he had said.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Review that video I posted a link to, he describes a river and a steep ledge he had to crawl along...yes be Very careful. Should be two or more kegs left according to what he had said.

I can’t find the link. I need to rewatch the video for clues.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread