Pigeon Water Cave?

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
HI,

Wrong gap. Pigeon is northeast of there near the drain below Jesse's Gap. There are two entrances. I recommend the upper entrance. It's a very dangerous cave and you really should have caving experience to explore it. Vertical gear is necessary is you want to explore more of the cave.

Sincerely,
Cavers5

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
There is one at Ashcamp, called Ashcamp Cave or some call it Grand Central Station Cave.

The other one is Pigeon Water Cave, or some call it the Water Cave

Ashcamp cave is northeast of Pigeon Water Cave

Cavers5

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
go on you tube, type in pigeon water cave. takes you all the way. if they still have it?

matt mullinz

Greenie
Jun 19, 2020
Pike County,KY
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Dinosaur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also trying to find pigeon water, watched YouTube and even though I know the area well . Looking for somebody to check it out with as it looks a bit treacherous

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to Bill Gibson it is very dangerous, and at one point he talked about being above an underground river on a narrow ledge. I'm sure there is a reason it is not on maps, and not much published about it....especially if Mr. Gibson found what he found in that cave some 50+ years ago.

matt mullinz

Greenie
Jun 19, 2020
Pike County,KY
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Dinosaur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is true none the less I’m definitely excited to see it considering it’s right down the road from me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread