anyone around deridder

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I was in Deridder yesterday. Saw some great hunting sights. Many older houses and some closed businesses. I live in Vidalia but may be locating close to Lake Charles pretty soon.Really enjoy cache hunting. Keep in touch. :thumbsup:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
My brother lives in Deridder. He is on this site. I forget what his user name is. He has found a couple of nice old coins around there! I'll see if I can find his user here. :wink:

Hes " zenagain". Look him up. He loves to hunt! I'm dying to get out there again, he has some sites in mind to hunt! Cheers, Shane ( Baton Rouge)

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
I'm a little slow on the uptake, but yes, I live here in Deshitter (Ahem) Deridder. Pm me if you'd like to do some hunting, I have a spot or two around here.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i LIVE IN THE Beaumont area but work in Orange. so its pretty near there.

Action Torrin

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2015
Deridder, La
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a little slow on the uptake, but yes, I live here in Deshitter (Ahem) Deridder. Pm me if you'd like to do some hunting, I have a spot or two around here.

I live in Deridder also, if youre ever down to hunt let me know

Jun 22, 2016
Canonsburg, Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I know this thread is old, but whatever. I grew up in the Rosepine area. That being said, a good place to check out be down a the Sabine River area, where HWY 190 crosses the river from Merryville into Texas. As a kid and teenager we were always out there playing in the river and on the sandbars. That's where I'd go, maybe find some jewelry or modern coins, maybe even older coins. If you have a way to find a landowner, I'd also check out the area where the Anococo creek meets the Sabine River (you can find this on google maps). Really old records show there was a Attakapas tribe encampment there. These natives were know to have traded with the white settlers in the area, and may have dropped things, who knows. If you can, I'd grab a kayak or canoe and paddle up river hitting the river banks where you can on one side, and then let the current carry me back down as I hit the other side. Keep a lookout for arrow heads as well. Good luck guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread