Bruces Treasure IN Shreveport LA. Anyone know if they are still around?

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
Bruce's Treasure IN Shreveport LA. Anyone know if they are still around?

My Father and I bought our first metal detectors from Mr Bruce at Bonnie and Clydes back in the early 90's and we used to go on hunts with Mr Bruce, his son and his wife Ruth, but we lost touch with them 10 years ago or so. wondering if anyone still talks to his son. I would hope Mr bruce was still around. but he was an aged man when we met him. And not to mention had some GREAT finds..

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bruce's Treasure IN Shreveport LA. Anyone know if they are still around?

I bought a couple of detectors many many years agofrom him, but I know someone who might still know if they are still around. It'll take me a few days to check but I will report back.

Steve

OP
OP
Corpsegrinder

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+

Juanmoretime said:
I bought a couple of detectors many many years agofrom him, but I know someone who might still know if they are still around. It'll take me a few days to check but I will report back.

Steve

Acutally i just called em up.. Turns out Mr. Bruce and his wife Ruthie along with Kenny are still very much around and doing very well. They told me they are still finding plenty of good stuff and my father and I should come detecting with them.. We gladly accepted..

Thanks

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well great! Problem fixed! Glad you got a hold of them. I thought they were still out on the lake. Good luck on your hunt!!!

Steve ;D

pskeller

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bruce Treasure in Shreveport, La

My Father and I bought our first metal detectors from Mr Bruce at Bonnie and Clydes back in the early 90's and we used to go on hunts with Mr Bruce, his son and his wife Ruth, but we lost touch with them 10 years ago or so. wondering if anyone still talks to his son. I would hope Mr bruce was still around. but he was an aged man when we met him. And not to mention had some GREAT finds..

I just want you to know I came across this post today. I just talked to Kenny yesterday. The family is doing well. Walter and Ruth are still with us and just getting older. Ruth has been down for a bit, but will be up and running soon. They are some of my favorite people. I bought my detectors from them, too.

Brierfield

Aug 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a
Makro Racer
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher F-75
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently spoke to someone who had visited Walter Bruce at his home earlier this year.

I have a copy of "The Bandit of Murrell's Caves", the book Bruce wrote that was published in 1979. I understand that it is a fairly rare book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread