petrified wood

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot BILDON

Digz

Jan 5, 2009
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
BH P202
bildon said:
where can i find petrified palm wood in louisiana? thanks bildon

I live 50 mi South of Shreveport (near Coushatta, La.) We have an old (I mean..."OLD!") spring-fed creek running actoss our property where huge tree-trunk-sized pieces of petrified wood have been found and, unfortunately, taken away by the guy who used to own this property. He had the trunks of stone on site when we bought the land, but he removed them along with his other personal effects.

I have about 200 smaller pieces I've collected from the creek, but he took HUGE TRUNKS of it away when he cleared out his effects, all of which were found in this creek.

Palm wood? Dunno. Tree trunks? Yeah, for sure!!

Your best bet is to drive down older state hwys and venture off int0 the woods near the natural creeks that run thru this area. You'll not only find petrified wood but also a LOT of Native American Artifacts....arrowheads, etc....that date back to Paleo times.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep i know where coushatte is been to Everland south of there you want to sell any of your petrified wood if so send me e mail [email protected] thanks Bill

Digz

Jan 5, 2009
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
BH P202
Sorry, Bill - it's not for sale. It isnt too hard to find, tho, if you walk a few creeks. I can send you directions to a great area to hunt, public land so no problems there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread