Laura Plantation....

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
here are my finds... from the hunt . not much but had a lot of fun and met new friends. ( MrsFury and Henry )

DSC02840.jpg

FrontofLauraPlantation.jpg

Can you guess what this is.......

DSC02870.jpg

DSC02871.jpg

DSC02872.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

DSC02841.jpg

Good times, good friends ,new friends, beautiful day what more can you ask for..... :thumbsup:

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Hey dude! We had a blast. I wish I had not had to leave so early but I timed it perfectly. My friends got to my house shortly after I left y'all. Thanks to all of you for the lessons I have learned. What an experience. My finds were not that great :P but I still had fun. I got one piece of pottery and a bunch of crap but that is not going to discourage me! I can't wait for the next one.
My pics:

http://www.ladayrides.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=294

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and thanks to you and Mrs. Fury for sharing pictures. It makes it a lot more interesting, almost like we were invited to the hunt too. I have noticed Mrs. Fury ALWAYS has a good feed at some point during the day and shares her recommendations for a good meal. I thought I ate good carrying a honey bun and a coke for lunch but now I know better!

Steve ;D

CopCop

Greenie
Dec 17, 2008
Metry, LA
Juanmoretime said:
I have noticed Mrs. Fury ALWAYS has a good feed at some point during the day and shares her recommendations for a good meal.....
Steve ;D

I was lucky B & C Seafood was so close by! That lady gets mean when she's hungry! :wink: Just kidding, of course. It was great meeting you all and learning from some experienced hunters! Thanks for everything!

Henry

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W :o W, man I wish I could of been on that hunt with y'all. Give me a call next time, I might be able to get away from here for a few hours. I've been busy, still recuperating from the colonscopy and endoscopy and still trying to figure out the pain on my left side. But, to top it all off one of the new mommas did not take notice of her newborn baby. So, I'm having to coop her up in the chute with headlocks on, feet tied down and get the calf to nurse. I pray within a few days she will accept this baby as hers.

Anyway, was this a club hunt or what? Would love the meet you guys sooner or later and to include Richard.

Thanks for the pics, Ace and yours too Mrs Fury.

:wink: RR

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great outing. I visited there and took the guided tour of the house several years ago, before the big fire. The whole time I was there I was thinking it would be great to be able to hunt the grounds. I thought "only in your dreams", being it was a historical site. Gee Whiz. I wish I had connections. Thanks for sharing. Ron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread