Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a great day...it started last night when a few of the Northern LA T-Netters met for a seafood supper at Charlie's. We were joined by a non member, but is an avid detectorist, Henry who has found quite a few hidden treasures around the area. He's the reason I never can find anything, he's already found it. ;D

This morning started off meeting at the Louisiana Treasures Museum, Wayne and Debbie were just tickled pink to have so many members who all share the same hobby tour their museum. Then off to downtown Ponchatoula to eat at Paul's Cafe. We all ate a good meal, and was just too full to even sample a strawberry beignet...maybe the next get together. Oh, in the middle of eating, Wayne calls me at Paul's to tell me about a privately own museum, saying the owner would love for us to visit, so after scrambling around downtown, losing a few folks, we managed to get to the museum. After this tour, MrsFury, CopCop, Gator01 & Mrs headed on the way home. So, the few of us went to detect at a residence where it is know to be part of the trail leading up to the Natchez Trace...Colonial coins & buttons have been found there, but today no one found any. Nfunk, & Tensas found some things...I will let them post those pics.

MrsFury, you and CopCop really can take some great pics...I always manage to have my camera but never get to take any pics, so thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

For those of y'all who did not get to make this trip, you really missed a great time. Hopefully, someone will have another one soon. It's always a great pleasure to meet new TNet friends and see old TNet friends again. We had a blast! Thank you all for a enjoyable time. RickyP, wished you could had stayed longer, but it was a pleasure to meet you after all this time. Ace250, thanks to you for getting this all started.

:wink: RR

April11th2.jpg
L to R Henry, Tommy, Alden, NFunk, CopCop, Mrs Fury, RR, GrayCloud, Mrs GrayCloud, Mrs Ace250, Wayne, Gator01, Tensas, Ace250​

April11th5.jpg
Tensas & Mrs Tensas looking for gold Easter eggs ;D

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I had a very good day :thumbsup: nice to put faces and shake hands of our fellow T-net ers sorry we had to cut it short but I had work to do 120 little legs closer to finish getting ready for my class..... man I am tired... thank you River Rat for the hospitality. we have to do this another time maybe I will get to hunt next time ....... :'(

Oh yea I would like to wish y'all a Happy Easter

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Good to see everyone had a great time. I think Shangalang and I might sneak off tomorrow afternoon for a bit of "Easter Egg" Hunting. :P

CopCop

Greenie
Dec 17, 2008
Metry, LA
It was great to meet some T Netters we hadn't met yet and to visit with those we already knew. Thanks to Wayne and Debbie Norwood for opening the LA Treasures Museum early for our group. I always enjoy going through their collections. There are things there that you just won't see anywhere else. I especially enjoyed the video of the logging train in the Manchac Swamp. Lunch at Paul's Cafe is always a treat, my cheeseburger tasted like home made! And thanks to Lloyd Vice for opening his private collection of artifacts and memorabilia to us. Very impressive!

Happy Easter, all! Don't bite the ears off your bunny! ;D

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like southern hospitality, it was a great day and trip for the Mrs and I. We have never been to that part of the state, and even tho it was a fast trip we still enjoyed it.
The Mrs and I want to thank everyone that made it such a bodacious time!!! It was great to finally meet some of you from the TNet boards and hopefully we can do it again.
The museums were fun to visit, like a trip back in time.
Hate I didnt get to make the afternoon hunt, we had to get back to Monroe so my wife could get everything ready for Sunday.
After we left Mr Vice museum, we went back to Pontchatoula and picked a flat of strawberrys up. Ill be looking forward to a Strawberry pie.
A special thanks to RiverRat, her husband and Henry for putting things together for us to do and see.
Happy Easter!!!!
John

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great looking group of folks! :icon_pirat: I know you all had a great time. LOVED the pics! Those museum pics were great too! I bet LumberCamp would enjoy that one. :wink:

Nana :)

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
A special thanks to River Rat and Ace250 for organizing this little get together.We all had a great time and I learned a valuable lesson, Don't leave your batteries at home.
For you that have never met Ace250, he is a big burly rawbone old boy. Who would have thought what a gifted craftman he is. Hopefully he will post photos of his craftsmanship on line for all to enjoy. He definitely has the hands and steadiness of a surgeon.

Again, thanks to all and lets do it again ASAP. :thumbsup:

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could have been there but due to illness in the family my wife and I couldn't attend. Maybe at the next one we'll see you! Glad ya'll had fun!

Steve ;D

Tensas

Sep 23, 2007
Waterproof, LA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Tejon
What can I say that hasn't already been said. It was a great day lots to see. l wished I had more time at the museum it was great and Mr. Vice's collection was unbeleivable a specail thanks to him for allowing us to see his collection. I didn't for get my batteries. Heres a couple of pictures of my finds and a picture of my wifes eyeball finds the next day walking in the unplanted feilds around the home area.
Another special thanks to a special person for all her hard work, thank you River Rat!

Attachments

• 100_3005.JPG
    100_3005.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 367
  • 100_3011.JPG
    100_3011.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 362
  • 100_3013.JPG
    100_3013.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 371

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Sorry you did not make it Steve. You were missed and would have made a good day even better. :thumbsup:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow guys......looks like I missed out on a great opportunity to meet some of you that I havnt :(. Sure looks like you all had a good time. Being it was Easter weekend I was pretty busy, had some of my children visiting just for the day that saturday. I look forward to a time when another may take place. Hope you all had a good holiday. Cheers, Shane :wink:

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
Well I'm glad I was able to finally meet a lot you Lowsyana members, just wish I could have made the rest of the day with you.

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
Hope another one gets planned soon.. I live 20 miles from the north lousiana boarder.. We should try for a big civil war hunt somewhere! that would be awesome..

Amethyst

Mar 3, 2009
DeRidder, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Just wondering if you still want to try to arrange a "weekend" treasure search for the Tnet members in Louisiana?

I have a few ideas and will start working on it. Once I have all the details ironed out, or a semi-organized plan, I'll fill you in.

This just might work out and we'd have a blast.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Get with River Rat, Noodle, Mrs. Fury, Juanmoretime, Tensas, Gator, etc, etc, Before setting a date in stone. Some good people did not make the last get together, due to other obligations. We just have to make as many contacts as possible and throw around a couple of key dates and see what comes of it. But, yaw have made the first step, finish loading the detectors and let go. :thumbsup:
I do like the cooler weather of October.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread