Louisiana T-NET get together ????

stormrider54

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2009
I'm still new to all of this but I would love to meet others :coffee2: if I am invited also. (don't want to go where I'm not welcome)

I'm in Gonzales, perhaps all could meet near Baton Rouge or Central part of the state?

Tensas

Sep 23, 2007
Waterproof, LA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Tejon
Sounds like a good idea to me. Gray Cluod Knows a few good places to eat also. He is from one end of the state to the other at least once a week.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a winner to me...I was thinking for my area, maybe tour the Louisiana Treasures Museum, breakfast/brunch at Taste of Bavaria. What y'all think?

:wink: RR

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
OK, We can make it a day trip for all to meet, visit, eat, and maybe even a little detecting. Somebody with a vast amout of knowledge needs to ramrod this operation and I nominate the River Rat. :thumbsup:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Further explanation. Not to dump a vast amount of work on River Rat. We can meet up at a restaurant for breakfast or lunch, with everybody responsible for their own. River Rat is a research addict and it would be interesting to review some of the Louisiana history she has documented. Hunting may not be an options, as it is very difficult to gain access for a group hunt. I will check on Fort Hill at Harrisonburg for a later get together, maybe this Fall when the Summer heat has past. :thumbsup:

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
River Rat said:
Sounds like a winner to me...I was thinking for my area, maybe tour the Louisiana Treasures Museum, breakfast/brunch at Taste of Bavaria. What y'all think?

As long as there's food involved, I'm in. We've been needing to do this for a long time. I'm ready whenever ya'll are, except for this weekend.

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
River Rat said:

We love TOB and I never been to the Treasures Museum even though I have passed by many times........So lets pick a month and since i work on call one week out of the month a weekend that i am not on call ....... :occasion14: Please.... ;D

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jmgisme said:
I'm still new to all of this but I would love to meet others :coffee2: if I am invited also. (don't want to go where I'm not welcome)

I'm in Gonzales, perhaps all could meet near Baton Rouge or Central part of the state?

And why would we not welcome you ?????? if you can show up I would definitely like to meet you and the others... :thumbsup:

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whats the Taste of Bavaria. It almost sounds Bavarian. Hope they have hamburgers and pancakes. Oh yea, and grits and eggs too, and hasbrowns. We need to hurry up and do this, Im getting hungry.

stormrider54

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2009
Hmmm, let me see.......Meet new friends and FOOD TO EAT!!!!

Let me know when and where, I'll be there!!!

Can't wait!!!
;D

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
A Taste of Bavaria is ok but you're not going to find grits. They have eggs, meat, fruit and bread. We could meet at the museum and then go to Paul's Cafe in Ponchatoula. After that a trip to Berrytown almost across the street. We could metal detect at Frenier. I don't like to go in those woods by myself. Too many animal prints in the dirt.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MrsFury said:
A Taste of Bavaria is ok but you're not going to find grits. They have eggs, meat, fruit and bread. We could meet at the museum and then go to Paul's Cafe in Ponchatoula. After that a trip to Berrytown almost across the street. We could metal detect at Frenier. I don't like to go in those woods by myself. Too many animal prints in the dirt.

Sounds good to me. Wayne could probably point out a few places to go and maybe go with us. Unless everyone wants to look at displays/artifacts at the Collinswood Museum and then go get some beignets at Berry Patch. Mrs Fury you had me confused...are you thinking the Berry Patch that has the strawberry beignets? I sure hope so, cause that's some delicious eating. The other is Berry Town Produce.

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
"Strawberry Beignets" OMG! :thumbsup: Do they have a Grits Beignet? RR & MrsFury, everything that ya'll have mentioned so far would be great. I cant wait..

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WoW all this sounds great am I invited ? I sure hope so..... lol

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
River Rat said:
MrsFury said:

Sounds good to me. Wayne could probably point out a few places to go and maybe go with us. Unless everyone wants to look at displays/artifacts at the Collinswood Museum and then go get some beignets at Berry___. Mrs Fury you got me confused now...are you thinking the Berry___ that has the strawberry beignets? I sure hope so, cause that's some delicious eating. The other is Berrytown Produce.

I meant Berrytown. Great produce but I'm up for beignets fo sho. Also, on the way to Frenier, there's the Joyce nature walk and snowballs above the Crab Trap at the "new west end" in Frenier/Peavine.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
This sounds like a wonderful idea. :thumbsup: Let me know when and where and I'll be there. Hmmmmmm, a poet and didnt know it. lol ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions