NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bunker, It is obviously accessible by boat, so it would be possible to recover them, and get them to safety. It would be a really good thing to do, especially with all the changes to the MRGO lately, who knows what the next storm could do to it?

I would think that it would take maybe 6 people a couple good slings, and a few sheets of plywood to use as a walkway to not sink in the mud, and they could be moved to a boat and saved. I have a lot of rigging experience and would be glad to help. I know at least one more guy that would probably volunteer his time as well. You'd just need enough of a boat to transport them safely.

bunker23

Jul 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is an article that has been sitting in a frame, Im shocked to see that there was more pictures that what i saw. There are more pictured that i will post later. Well actually i am looking at the dates one is from 1956 and another was from 1958.

30ni2vk.jpg

Last edited:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's really cool. Those guns look quite a bit bigger than I was thinking so maybe my first idea wouldn't work. My offer to help still stands though if you ever want to do any kind of preservation or rescue out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread