LOUISIANA PLANTATION HUNTING ****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
hand print-2_edited-6.jpg Plantation listings:
Claire Plantation- at Grand Coteau,In Evangeline Co.,10 mi south of Opelousas, the wealth was buried and never found and the house was burned.

Chretien Point Plantation- located in Bayou Teche country west of New Orleans, the Chretien family buried there treasure here. It is believed that Jean&Pierre Lafitte buried some of there treasure here also.

False River bayou is up the river from New Orleans- Marquis Vincent de Ternant built a costly, elegant mansion. When Colonel Charles Parlange took it over it became Parlang plantation. during the civil war, $300,000 was buried in 3 chests. After the war only one chest could be found. They were buried under the huge live oaks in the garden.

Valcour Aime- " little Versailles of Louisiana" , He was the richest man in Louisiana. Buried his treasure in the garden. it has never been recovered.

Good luck, frank

Last edited:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Two that come to mind in Tensas Parish in Louisiana are the Frisbe Plantation and Hard Time Plantations. The Hardtime was probably the wealthest plantation in the South to be burned to the ground during war. The owners were not home at the time and all possesions were lost. The Frisbe was not burned during the war but Colonel Frisbe buried all his gold and silver during the war. He was killed right after in a knife fight with his brother-in-law and the treasure was never recorded as being found.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J. Villere plantation. I bet it is reachable, and loaded with relics. But not easy to get to and heavy brush. Almost see impressions using google earth, but dont know how to do map overlays.
Don't know what you're trying to do Frankn, but Mods don't like it.
Ray

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Villere would be a great spot to hunt, there was a short battle there, and the British camped there so it should be full of good stuff. I'm not sure if it's a protected site or not, but there's got to be places around it that are huntable. I'd sure like to give it a try.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I read they used (took) the plantation for 2 or 3 years. Nice place for the brass to hang their hats in the swamp, I'm sure. I'll go back and read again. My retaintion rate at 54 yrs old, is down in the lower 40's now! LOL

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, posts are moved to the appropriate forums. You posts on caches were moved to the cache forum, they were about cache hunting, the primary topic was cache hunting...... If they are opened in the correct forum they would not have to be moved, just like members cant start a thread about coin collections in the coin roll hunting forums.

It is not just your threads, other threads when they are found in the wrong forums are moved to the correct forum....You can't just start a thread in what ever forum you think it will get the most hits in, there has to be some kind of organization to the threads here, it has been this way since before I first started here over 6 years ago....

Once an author writes a book, it is the book stores and library's that decides what literary section it best fits to catalog the book in...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Check post #1 again, rewritten
hand print-2_edited-6.jpg