NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well they just got our power back on a while ago. We came through pretty good but lost some trees out back that I have to clean up. Big parts of the city are still blacked out, but I hear they should be back on soon. Riding the storm in a 100 year old two story that's been neglected for years sure is fun!

Hopefully I'll be out detecting root balls on any knocked down trees I find.......

Last edited:
OP
OP
coinhound1983

coinhound1983

Aug 22, 2012
I found a few of those trees close to my property but don't know the history behinde the area. Guess I'll check anyway. Whenever anyone hits the beach or somewhere u think will be good. Let me know!!! I'd be willing to accompany you. Got my whites spectrum xlt and I'm on my game. Ready to hit it hard after all the clean up. Once again good luck and god bless to all the people who got hit hard .

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going Monday or Tuesday to Waveland/ Bay St. Louis and hit the beaches if anyone wants to join me. Which would be better; west, east or north bay beach?

OP
OP
coinhound1983

coinhound1983

Aug 22, 2012
Don't go!!! The beaches are disgusting oil just 3 inches underthe sand. It's disgusting and no good finds with all the yrs of clean up. I promise you!

Lo_305

Oct 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing some pretty extensive reseach on the ruddock area. I only live a few miles from there. I've been to the tulane to do some research. Info is extremly limited, and often not logical. From what i've been reading I'm not to optimistic about the prospect. From what I have learned there were two reason people were in that area. First, The cypress mill and the second was cabbage farming. I saw the post from "river rat" with the cemetery pictures. It is my understanding this cemetery is no longer visible; no iron gate no headstones. Also these communitys had no roads or buildings on a foundation. They had dock like structures that connected the buildings, and raised homes. One book also said "all the farm land has erroded into the lake. I find it hard to belive that if structures did exist that no person has ever encounted them. That being said, I am going to walk that railroad this week and do some exploring. I read another book that said part of the army marched from new orleans to hammond on that railroad. The army spent two nights out there somewhere. I'll let ya'll know what I encounter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread