Northwest Louisiana

Hawgwild

Oct 29, 2012
Shreveport, LA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks...new here and have been enjoying reading and learning all sorts of things here on the boards...

Just wondering if anyone has check out the gravel pits around the Minden area for possible fossil stones or agates? Might pick up a bucket full next time I'm over that way and check it out.

I know this is way out there but has anyone ever tried panning for gold out of the Red River. I'm sure there wouldn't be much, if any, but the river does come down from the Texas panhandle area so could be possible..

Also have found many Indian artifacts around the Cross Lake area..some arrowheads, broken pottery, and other small tools and stones..

Hopefully will have a decent MD soon and do a little searching in the area..

Scottie

Last edited:

rustynailz

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2013
Shreveport Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are you i live in keithville just south of Shreveport, and I live for digging and searching for relics and artifacts I just was wondering where some good area's to look I am not as experienced as I'd like to be and if you could share some information and tips about our area that would be great

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rustynailz, try around the mansfield area close to the civil war battlefield. Remember that you cannot search on the area protected, but rather on the outside! Also try and search for an old map from mansfield to pleasant hill area where the north retreated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions