Need help in Shreveport with a Teknetics Gamma 6000

PapaJoker

Dec 14, 2012
I'm new here and I hope I'm posting in the right place and if not please move to appropriate forum.

I just recently purchased a Teknetics Gamma 6000 for my 10yr old son for Christmas secondhand and I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with the thing. The person I bought it from won't return my calls/emails so I'm out $375 unless I can figure out some way to salvage the machine. This is more important to me than just a non-working metal detector. My son has been through more crap than a 10 year old should ever have to deal with and he was so looking forward to using this detector. It was essentially his only present this year because I've been unable to find steady work since I was laid off 2 years ago.

What I was really hoping for is for someone in the Shreveport-Bossier area who has a known working coil that is compatible with the gamma that I can try on my machine. It will only take a few seconds, as soon as I plug it in I'll know if it's the coil or the detector, I won't need to go anywhere with it or test it other than to plug it into my unit. I would be willing to pay $20 just to be able to try someone's coil. That way I can determine if I just need a new coil or if I need to send the whole thing back to Teknetics for service. It's hard to believe that in a metropolitan area (Shreveport-Bossier) that has roughly 350,000+ people we don't have any dealers here.

If no one is nearby that can help with letting me try a coil then maybe someone here can tell me what they think is wrong.

Gamma 6000 problem:
When u turn detector on it just jumps all over the place and turning down sensitivity to its lowest value doesn't change anything. When you try to ground balance the unit it never will no matter where u are, it just gives the overload signal and the signals cut in and out like there's a lose connection somewhere. Any ideas? If there's a way to upload videos to the site I can video what it does if that will help. Thanks for any help/advice!

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live over in Monroe area and dont know of anyone with one of the Greek machines. There is a metal detector dealer over in Shreveport but I dont know if he handles anything other than Whites.
I hate to say it, but you need to send that machine to First Texas and let them fix it. Good thing is, First Texas is pretty good about helping people out even tho you bought second hand.
Wish I could help you out, I dont think any of my F75 coils will work on that machine.
I would send it in to First Texas.
Good luck,
John

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found out one of my F75 coils may work, at least to find out if you have a coil problem or machine problem. If you are ever over in this area, drop me a pm and we will meet somewhere.
HH,
John

OP
OP
PapaJoker

PapaJoker

Dec 14, 2012
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to just send it to First Texas if they'll ever call me back and give me an RA #. I just keep getting directed to some guys voicemail when I tell the receptionist my problem and the guy never calls back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread