Anyone in the north louisiana area? Monroe area?

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
West Monroe here

jd5105

May 20, 2009
West Monroe, La.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1260x, BountyHunter DE280 Outlaw, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
West Monroe and spend a lot of time in Oak Grove.

Brierfield

Aug 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a
Makro Racer
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher F-75
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Union Parish, about 15 miles north of W. Monroe.

Gfrrt

Sep 23, 2013
Monroe
Detector(s) used
White's cm pro and Discovery 1100 with garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monroe here. New to detecting. Not originally from here though. looking for places to hunt since not real familiar with the area.

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi Gfrrt. I'm in West Monroe area as well. I haven't hunted for the last couple of years, but do know a few places to go. I work weekends and am off during the week. Send me a pm and maybe we can get together one day soon. I wil be glad to show you a few places.

Katadjuster

Jan 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from West Monroe. Woodlawn area, to be exact. Novice hunter (haven't really ever had much time to devote to the hobby), but have done a little bit of hunting.

Point Hunter, I've read a lot of your other posts in several threads about John Murrell. That's what drove me to actually create a profile here, so that I could chat with you guys. Glad to know there are some hunters here in our NELA area.

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi and welcome to Tnet Katadjuster. Sorry it took so long to reply. I have not been online much lately. Send me a message and lets talk. I look forward to meeting you and hopefully we can do some hunts in the near future.

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been hunting in and around town since first of year,weather and work permitting. Seems like weather is going south again. 70 degrees today with rain this pm,upper 30s tomorrow. Though,locally weve only had ice once, its still been a long cold crazy winter. Lookin forward to warmer days. I recall when I use to deer/duck hunt, cold weather wasnt a problem, but now days, I dont care for it,lol. Maybe when it gets into real Spring weather, some of us can meet up for coffee or something and plan a hunt. I nominate point hunter to be our official coordinator. Any seconds???? HH, John

loneTXhuntet

Mar 20, 2014
Texas, all over
Detector(s) used
The Etrac and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Raised in Haughton, still visit my parents there. Found some old school houses on a map. Just need to get time to go get permission.

cocorod

Apr 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been hunting in and around town since first of year,weather and work permitting. Seems like weather is going south again. 70 degrees today with rain this pm,upper 30s tomorrow. Though,locally weve only had ice once, its still been a long cold crazy winter. Lookin forward to warmer days. I recall when I use to deer/duck hunt, cold weather wasnt a problem, but now days, I dont care for it,lol. Maybe when it gets into real Spring weather, some of us can meet up for coffee or something and plan a hunt. I nominate point hunter to be our official coordinator. Any seconds???? HH, John

I live in Catahoula Parish. Just got my ACE350 yesterday. I wanted to go out to hunt today, but weather is really bad.

Wolfman1966

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2017
West Monroe,LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Poineer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, so I see this thread is 3 years old, but figured I'd throw my 2 cents worth in. I live in West Monroe, and just got(FREE!!!) a Bounty Hunter metal detector...seems to do a good enough job..but wow...lots of cans/bottle tops/pull tabs..lol
Only been out twice, once at Kiroli Park...found 2 pennies on top of the ground, and a nickel about 2 inches down...all in the playground areas.
Also went to Forsythe Park a few days ago..LOTS of hits..but most were either too deep or junk...I DID find a penny and a quarter.
I work a lot, but usually have a couple of days off during the week(very seldom on weekends though).
I'm also on a FB page for Louisiana metal detecting....can't remember the name of it at the moment.
Feel free to friend me on facebook >Shane Cheatham<, but message me first so I know who you are, I don't usually friend strangers.
Happy Hunting Guys!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread