New Orleans city park

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt there.... let me know what park you hunted.... i found my first silver quarter... there... I want to hunt the woods

OP
OP
Donald70448

Donald70448

Feb 22, 2014
Mandeville, La
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out there yesterday with my kids and found 1 silver 1943 quarter 2 wheats, we had a great time, I'm looking for a partner to hunt with. I'm free next weekend

blue220080

Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone. I'm in New Orleans too. I've been dying to get a group together locally. Maybe even start a club if anybody has interest in it. If not I did least like to find a buddy or two and put some hunt together for the summer let me know I'll be waiting to hear from you

OP
OP
Donald70448

Donald70448

Feb 22, 2014
Mandeville, La
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone. I'm in New Orleans too. I've been dying to get a group together locally. Maybe even start a club if anybody has interest in it. If not I did least like to find a buddy or two and put some hunt together for the summer let me know I'll be waiting to hear from you

Sounds good to me blue, count me in, I'm on vacation starting tomorrow 5pm till the 11th and looking to hunt with someone or part of a group.
Donald
[email protected]
504-913-7275

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted city park a good bit, I always find something good there. I haven't been out much lately due to work but I'd like to get a trip together soon.

KBabin

Jul 9, 2014
Metairie, LA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My 13 year old daughter and I just got into metal detecting. We're using a basic Fisher F2 and mostly finding coins so far. I'd love to go hunt City Park. Their website says metal detecting is allowed but that any "treasures" found on the grounds are property of the State of Louisiana. Has anybody ever searched around the Dueling Oak?

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it's best to check with the ex-Mayor...Oh that's right, he'll be tied up for about the next 10 years...:thumbsup:

T

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to city park tomorrow bring my step daughter. ..she loves it but when I go don't find too much what area should I check besides under large trees..I am thinking scout island? Also on Google Earth in wood part shows 2 large circles ...couldn't find any think on this any advice would help thanks

Jimbeaux

Dec 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to city park tomorrow bring my step daughter. ..she loves it but when I go don't find too much what area should I check besides under large trees..I am thinking scout island? Also on Google Earth in wood part shows 2 large circles ...couldn't find any think on this any advice would help thanks

I know this is an old thread but Tasmorn the circles you see on Google Earth are line-control flying fields. And like you I haven't found anything of value at City Park yet. The flying fields were used as a staging area for FEMA after Katrina. There is a club that meets there on Sunday afternoons. I thought about hunting it but didn't figure they would appreciate me digging up their field even if I did fill all the holes in. As far as the woods go I wouldn't mind hunting it or the road going to the flying circles, but would definitely rather do it with a partner or a group. I was thrown out of the circles years before because they weren't letting anyone go back there due to and I quote, "Guys going fishing there without fishing poles."

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread but Tasmorn the circles you see on Google Earth are line-control flying fields. And like you I haven't found anything of value at City Park yet. The flying fields were used as a staging area for FEMA after Katrina. There is a club that meets there on Sunday afternoons. I thought about hunting it but didn't figure they would appreciate me digging up their field even if I did fill all the holes in. As far as the woods go I wouldn't mind hunting it or the road going to the flying circles, but would definitely rather do it with a partner or a group. I was thrown out of the circles years before because they weren't letting anyone go back there due to and I quote, "Guys going fishing there without fishing poles."

I'm in Jim
Going to Texas (fishing) Monday to return next Monday the 15th.
Most any day after mid morning till dusk over 50 degrees.
But b-4 my surgery Jan 8th.
I'll send a pm with my phone #.
Ray
Anyone else?
Donald-Todd-Rene-Chris?
Someone bring a toy fishing pole for a laugh. Lol

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I?ll be your huckleberry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread