• image-2084513163.jpg
    image-2084513163.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 202

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted an old school yard, I think it was north of there and found a lot if very old shotgun caps, you know the ones that have the tube that sticks out of the side, not the ones like they use today with the cap in the center. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. If you find my ex-wife, don't wake her.

Gravity

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2017
Mandeville, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I just got a detector yesterday. Of course I found a few quarters in my own yard but hope to venture out to some parks and maybe the lake soon.

I was riding the trace today and noticed that the elementary school in Lacombe looks pretty old. It may produce a few things. As a newbie, some of these ideas are probably not so good so I will read up and observe and detect when I can.

Best of luck,

Gravity

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. I just got a detector yesterday. Of course I found a few quarters in my own yard but hope to venture out to some parks and maybe the lake soon.

I was riding the trace today and noticed that the elementary school in Lacombe looks pretty old. It may produce a few things. As a newbie, some of these ideas are probably not so good so I will read up and observe and detect when I can.

Best of luck,

Gravity

Hey Gravity I've do some detecting in Lacombe how did you make out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, my family had a home in Lacombe, I detected the Boy Scout Camp and Fontainebleau State Park, circa 1968-1975. Thanks for the memories.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, my family had a home in Lacombe, I detected the Boy Scout Camp and Fontainebleau State Park, circa 1968-1975. Thanks for the memories.

I went to try to detect at the old Boy Scout Camp at Camp Salmon in Slidell last week, but they said I couldn't. Is that the camp you're talking about. Man y'all had so many places to hunt back then that are of limits now. It's a dog eat dog world out there know. Everything's private these

I did befriend the Ranger there, Ranger Bob, and he did open the gate and let me go inside the 1830 house I talked with him for a hour. It was a great gift. I gonna go back and talk with him again and see if there's any spot on that 130 acres that he would turn his head and let me detect. It's worth a shot. IMG_1008.JPG

Last edited:

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I good news: Today 9/18/17, I read an articular that stated the Trump administration is trying to role back the land grabs of the Democrap administrations and restore our uses of our land to us. There may be a future for Treasure Hunters yet.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met Bob Dillon, when his name was Robert Zimmerman, singing in a bar in Arabi, Louisiana and he was working on a shrimp boat out of Shell Beach.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually there is a lot more to the story: When he finished the set, he came over to the bar and I bought him a drink and told him how much I liked his music. I then said "Bob" you really need to change you name to something more catchy the Zimmerman and maybe start a band." We talked some more and he started to return to the stage and I said, think about it, you really need "The Band." I am not sure if it was me or not that that made the changes in his life, but it is history now.

P.S. Dylan's "Highway 61" is a reference to U.S. Hwy 61, also known as Airline Hwy. The highway he hitch hiked to New Orleans. It was where he sold his sole as did Bobby Johnson at the crossroads in Mississippi.

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually there is a lot more to the story: When he finished the set, he came over to the bar and I bought him a drink and told him how much I liked his music. I then said "Bob" you really need to change you name to something more catchy the Zimmerman and maybe start a band." We talked some more and he started to return to the stage and I said, think about it, you really need "The Band." I am not sure if it was me or not that that made the changes in his life, but it is history now.

Wow now that really is a historic part of you life I must say. Johnny you are a amazing man sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, in one of my post about the old school and fort across the bayou, I was confusing Shell beach with Delacraix Island and the fort was not a fort but a redoubt not sure on the spelling, but it was just a small outpost with a few cannons on the north side of the entrance to a lake. Also Dylan was was working a shrimp boat out of Delacraix Island.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

P.S. Dylan's "Highway 61" is a reference to U.S. Hwy 61, also known as Airline Hwy. The highway he hitch hiked to New Orleans. It was where he sold his sole as did Bobby Johnson at the crossroads Of Route 49, in Mississippi.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread