Manual ground balance in Louisiana soil?

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking for a new detector and was wondering if a manual ground balance was really necessary for Louisiana and possibly Mississippi soil. Just looking to get some input on how may of you find your ground balance is really necessary due to soil changes around the state versus others who find there really isn't much of difference regardless of where you are around the state. I've found a map or two online that show soil mineralization through out the country and there doesn't seem to be much happening in Louisiana.

Thanks.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No you don't have to have or use a manual go but I use it at every site. La and ms. I also sell detectors so I have experiance with them.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, you want manual ground balance as an option on your new machine. You need the additional depth and sensitivity you get by balancing the machine properly

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
in North La using a CZ-5 presets and it goes as deep as I want to dig. I do ground balance when hunting a field I can use my spade, however I not sure I am GETTING any more depth but it does cut down on the chatter. Before hating ~~~ ask to see some of my finds ~~~ results speak for them self LOL.

-=Beep out=-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread