treasuregirls

Mar 2, 2015
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,
My wife and I recently relocated to Louisiana from Colorado. Out west, we did a little bit of metal detecting but mainly stuck to gold prospecting. With no places to really go sluicing out here and not a lot of worthwhile gold to be found, we are converting to metal detecting. We both have the treasure hunting bug. We are just introducing ourselves and seeing if any one has any advice or places we should check out in the area. We are in a small town in Ascension Parish.

Thanks everyone. We are looking forward to getting to know everyone and exploring this new hobby of ours.
Treasuregirls.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome and make yourself at home

PS you know how to pick a name that will get you views

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to "the boot", hopefully some folks close to you will be able to help you out, good luck and get your shorts ready for the spring and summer!

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Louisiana and to the forum. What draws does Louisiana have for Colorado folks? Possibly the food or weather? My next door neighbors moved here form Boulder CO about a year or so ago.

OP
OP
treasuregirls

treasuregirls

Mar 2, 2015
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family lives here. But yes the food, the atmosphere, and the people drew my wife here. She's originally from Denver. After one Mardi Gras, she was hooked and begged to move down here. We love it here but we definitely miss the gold prospecting out west.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard from GA!

Last edited:
OP
OP
treasuregirls

treasuregirls

Mar 2, 2015
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome fletch.

And I'll let her know you say so roceda!

SherryBerry21

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2012
Donaldsonville
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Any luck with the metal detector? I'm in Donaldsonville, lots of history here but I haven't had time to do any searching yet!

Last edited:

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indian mounds in Donaldsonville area, L'Hermitage Plantation, Union Army Post at the Landing/ Union Army fort north side of Bayou Lafourche across from Donaldsonville at the Mississippi River, Saint Gabriel/ Fort Butte-British fort 1765, North East junction oh the Mississippi River and Bayou Manchac. Port Vincent at Galvestown, Spanish fort 1778, at the junction Ascension, East Baton Rough and Livingston Parishes. History lesson for today, I am going back to sleep. Have fun and good luck.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any divers with underwater metal detectors in the New Orleans area? If so, please let me know. I know today is not the time to look, but it will be soon enough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread