Pulse check LA

asrussell96

Jul 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delhi is not too far from Monroe..... we might get together for a hunt sometime when it cools off a bit

asrussell96

Jul 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately Gonzales is a bit too far away for me to travel.....But glad you are active

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems dead in here...Any active hunters around?

Yeah it's been pretty dead, slow decline over the yrs, I get out every couple weeks, lookin forward to fall/winter

Dawgs241

Dec 13, 2015
Choudrant, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, AT Pro, Teknetics T2 Plus aka "Green Goblin"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I am located in the Ruston area. Anyone wanting a hunting partner please give me a shout. I been doing it about a year now so i'm fairly new to the hobby.

asrussell96

Jul 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Shreveport and I go to Monroe all the time. We get together and do some hunting. Do you have permissions around Ruston. I have hunted only schools and parks

Dawgs241

Dec 13, 2015
Choudrant, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, AT Pro, Teknetics T2 Plus aka "Green Goblin"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Shreveport and I go to Monroe all the time. We get together and do some hunting. Do you have permissions around Ruston. I have hunted only schools and parks[/Q

I have a few areas where I got permission, but they are around the Sterlington area (north of Monroe) where I use to work. I haven't talked to them in a while, but I am going to try to touch base with them again. I have also been hitting parks and stuff mostly trying to get use to the AT Pro (pro mode). Also If you want someone to hunt with around Shreveport its not to bad of a drive for me, I can plan on a trip. I will send you a PM with my email.

OP
OP
L

Lost Bayou

Aug 4, 2013
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather sure is getting nice. I hope all the LA members are getting out doing some dirt fishin!

Abe

Nov 15, 2016
SW Louisiana
Detector(s) used
vacant
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all I hope Grant is getting back to normal as well as can be. We had some storms come through over here in SW La in 05 and it wasn't much fun. Good luck to you sir.

I'm kicking around the idea of buying a MD and have been lurking here on the forums for a while. I think I'm wanting to buy something like a garrets at pro so that I could use it in shallow water. That price is absolute top end of what I can realistically take a chance on. I live on 20 acres in the middle of no where and it was acquired in the 1940's but has been abused since then. The old hog barn was burned and buried by the nephew of original owner so that will tell you of the amount of trash under the back yard alone.

There isn't much time to go out and detect as I would like to think. I'm really not sure if the detector would end up sitting in the closet most of the time. I just know I still wonder what is in the ground where I walk, just like I did when I was a young child.

Any advice would be much appreciated... hope this was the right place to post.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine uses an AT Pro and does well with it, don't think that you could wrong by getting one especially for use around lots of iron and shallow water hunts.

asrussell96

Jul 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT/Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my AT pro...I havent done any water detecting yet with it but I plan to next summer

Abe

Nov 15, 2016
SW Louisiana
Detector(s) used
vacant
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. Do any of you believe the learning curve would be too high on the AT pro for a first time user? Also, how easy or difficult are they to set up in different soils we have here in Louisiana?

Sorry, I'm full of dumb questions... this doesn't even scratch the surface.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions