EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that from time to time the beaches are replenished with sand from the Gulf. the sand is sucked up and put on barges, transported to shore and unloaded or pumped directly to shore. I had a friend that worked for one of the companies that did this and he said not only sand was pumped, objects as large as three or four inches were pumped. Mastodon teeth were sometimes found, as well as coins and other objects.

Hit the beaches.

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck .

SherryBerry21

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2012
Donaldsonville
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Did you find anything? My friend and I want to go to Grande Isle before she goes back to work in a couple weeks but we want to fish - wondering if I should bring my metal detector too. Lord knows I probably won't catch any fish since neither of us have any idea what we are doing. LOL!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you find anything? My friend and I want to go to Grande Isle before she goes back to work in a couple weeks but we want to fish - wondering if I should bring my metal detector too. Lord knows I probably won't catch any fish since neither of us have any idea what we are doing. LOL!!

You have better odds of catching a fish then finding something detecting. Lol The beach is very littered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can surf-fish, or the last time I was there there was a pear in the U.S. Park there you could fish from. Lots of hard-head Catfish.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My family has a camp in Pirate's Cove across from the State Park. I'm going out the Tomorrow and Wednesday.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mainly fished when we went to GI. Still do, did take the detector with me on a trip while family fished the surf. Mostly found was clad & pull tabs. I know the state park is off limits to detecting...cousin found out for herself when she was caught.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mainly fished when we went to GI. Still do, did take the detector with me on a trip while family fished the surf. Mostly found was clad & pull tabs. I know the state park is off limits to detecting...cousin found out for herself when she was caught.

My family has a camp in Pirates Cove which is across the street from the state park. The beach has never produced anything but clad and trash for me as well.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I good news: Today 9/18/17, I read an articular that stated the Trump administration is trying to role back the land grabs of the Democrap administrations and restore our uses of our land to us. There may be a future for Treasure Hunters yet.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I good news: Today 9/18/17, I read an articular that stated the Trump administration is trying to role back the land grabs of the Democrap administrations and restore our uses of our land to us. There may be a future for Treasure Hunters yet.

IMG_0002.JPG And as you see I wear my hat every day I don't just leave it on the nightstand. Lol

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family has a camp in Pirate's Cove across from the State Park. I'm going out the Tomorrow and Wednesday.

I know this is an older post, but surely you have seen Fort Livingston across The Pass from Pirates Cove.. They gotta be some Great finds waiting to happen there....

Gigirl

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2018
Baton Rouge,La
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Equinox 800, Excal 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Can you even get onto Grand Terre and get close to the fort? I know the Coast Guard patrols that part of the island. Do you know any history on the east end of Grand Terre?

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold and silver coins as well as Civil War relics and other artifacts have been found along the shore around Ft. Livingston. Had a friend who cut a hole in one of his shoes and would walk around old forts looking at the ground kicking the dirt around until he saw something to scoop up with his shoe. He would then go to the bathroom and retrieve it. Another friend's father was a park ranger with a very large collection of relics he had confiscated and brought home.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't even get your boat close to tie up...the place is off limits. I don't want to got to the GI jail, much less federal prison.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread