I️ was just curious

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, the are not that common, but they are out there. Try City Park, if they still allow metal detectors there. You said Audubon Park was a no-no. Also, on the back side of plantation houses.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, the are not that common, but they are out there. Try City Park, if they still allow metal detectors there. You said Audubon Park was a no-no. Also, on the back side of plantation houses.

I️ metal detect City Park all the time. In the last month and a half I️ found over 20 3 ringers. IMG_1981.JPG

I’ll keep looking for that large cent. Hope you had a great Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Near the old pavilion, near the arcade, if they are still there, you can check around the trees. People would picnic on the ground there. One of my grandfathers worked there, and it was a regular thing for us. My son and I went to the area where they flew model air planes and found a small silver cache. I think it was off Harrison Avenue. There may have been a home near there at on time.

Al Bundy

Dec 28, 2017
The Boot
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found 2 large cents at city park. Both were found in the vicinity of where the main house of the old Allard plantation once stood (more or less at the intersection of city park ave and Carrollton), and both were relatively shallow at approximately 4". Unfortunately that part of the park has some thick patches of old iron nails and what not. Needless to say each one of my large cents came out of the ground with an old iron nail or two (or four). So they seem to be there, you just have to fight and beat the iron to get them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread