Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ward,

I'm assuming you mean Tickfaw River...there is a town called Tickfaw just north of Hammond. I'm on Blood River, this river flows into the Tickfaw River at Rome Ferry Bridge. The tubing was very popular just east of the town of Tickfaw on the Tangipahoa River. I was going to tell you to check my profile and you could see where the rivers are. I just double checked it from the satellite view, and then clicked on the map...dang, I see I'm on the wrong side of the river. :'(

;) RR

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
River Rat said:
Ward,

I'm assuming you mean Tickfaw River...there is a town called Tickfaw just north of Hammond. I'm on Blood River, this river flows into the Tickfaw River at Rome Ferry Bridge. The tubing was very popular just east of the town of Tickfaw on the Tangipahoa River. I was going to tell you to check my profile and you could see where the rivers are. I just double checked it from the satellite view, and then clicked on the map...dang, I see I'm on the wrong side of the river. :'(

;) RR
RR - Sorry When I said Tickfaw I meant the area (As we called it) not so much the town. I tubed both the Tickfaw and the Tangipahoa. Most summers where spent there. A lot of beaches and sand bars. Good for someone with a water detector.
Ward

SouthernGent

Apr 7, 2008
Covington, LA
Detector(s) used
Garretts Ace 250
Hi all! I live in Covington. New to hobby and this forum. I would like to know where to MD around this area. Any suggestions?

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi SouthernGent,
Welcome to TNet! Actually, judging from experience, you should hunt any place you can get permission! ;D Louisiana is old enough that there's lots of stuff under that grass.

Come join us at the Louisiana Bayou Hunt in 10 days and meet some of the other Louisiana hunters. They may have some tips for you. I mostly just hunt around home.

Noodle

SouthernGent

Apr 7, 2008
Covington, LA
Detector(s) used
Garretts Ace 250
Thanks Noodle. I've hunted some at Gulf Shores Al only to find lots of junk and a few clad. I will do some research for old sites in the area. Anxious to get out and dig though.

moonlighter

Feb 14, 2008
Baton Rouge (Central), LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Moonlighter, here in Baton Rouge checking in.
Boy does the Airline Motor restaurant pics bring back memories. The bus from BR to NO used to stop there for bathroom break. We also stopped there when going by car (before interstate) to get crawfish bisque in a can.
Some of the best we've ever had. My wife mentions it every once in a while.
Used to have a White 5500d md for quite a few years, just used it around the yard looking for lost stuff. Recently got a BH Land Star and want to branch out for more active hunting. Might try a ball park field (10 fields) close by.
Thanks for the pics RR.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Moonlighter..............Welcome to Tnet! Awesome site here!!! Get in touch with me sometimes and we can do some hunting. I have been searching so many areas around Baton Rouge and surrounding areas. I need help! Did you read about the Bayou Hunt? I'm sure everyone would love to have you attend. Cheers, Shane :thumbsup:

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moonlighter.......Welcome to the Louisiana side here! Shanegalang told you right. If you came to the La. Bayou Hunt, I don't think you'd ever be the same. Check it out, there's about 50 or so going to be there. What a great time to meet people from around here and neighboring states with prizes and food that you won't believe. You won' leave empty handed for sure, it's gonna be great. :thumbsup: Check it out and see if you can attend!!

Welcome,
Steve ;D

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Funny how roper was pointing out the lack of Louisiana hunters and now I think we have the largest active membership of any state?? At least according to that poll thingy. lol Can't wait for the Louisiana Bayou hunt 2!!!!!

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks for wanting to return, Zen! It was fun, wasn't it? I was talking to the t-shirt guy a few minutes ago, whose store is over on the main highway. He said his phone was ringing off the hook this weekend, especially when we were at The Hub, people wanting to know what was going on. He said he'd feed each one a different line of bull, such as: "Oh, man! That's FBI!! They're over there lookin' for that nuclear waste that was on that airplane that went down!!! Yeah, man, it's somethin' else!!" He finally tell 'em about t-net, though. :)

He had fun with us! ;D ;D :D

Tensas

Sep 23, 2007
Waterproof, LA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Tejon
Hay we're out there. Some of us are kind of shy. We read but don't talk much. I'm in Tensas parish which is on the east side by the Mississippi river just north of Concordia south of Madison and east of Catahoula and I do like to MT. Since the grass is green again it seems like I spend more time cutting than Mting when I'm not working. (I think I got my priorities mixed up).

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ACE here way down south in Tangipahoa parish between New Orleans and Baton rouge.... :thumbsup:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Ace........Shane in Baton Rouge :thumbsup:

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Shane ;D

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sounds like we're getting some new faces here. That's great! I've been out of touch for a week or so; dad not up to snuff in Missouri, so been gone a few days. All you new folks who have checked in, keep checking back. Us Louisiana folks need to get together in the fall when the weather cools down. I'm counting on Tensas (helllllooooo???) to find us a place to peck around in in the multitude of old places in his parish. ;D I'm willin' to provide food and camping spaces for overnight, if need be. Just a short weekend thing...

Ya'll let me know if you're interested. Say ... 'bout early/mid October. Cannot get into November. That's deer hunting time! :thumbsup:

Noodle

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noodle,

Put me down as coming for sure!!! We can provide our own food as far as I'm concerned so you won't be having to mess with it and you can have more time to hunt!!! :thumbsup:

Steve ;D

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like we're getting some new faces here. That's great! I've been out of touch for a week or so; dad not up to snuff in Missouri, so been gone a few days. All you new folks who have checked in, keep checking back. Us Louisiana folks need to get together in the fall when the weather cools down. I'm counting on Tensas (helllllooooo???) to find us a place to peck around in in the multitude of old places in his parish. I'm willin' to provide food and camping spaces for overnight, if need be. Just a short weekend thing...

Ya'll let me know if you're interested. Say ... 'bout early/mid October. Cannot get into November. That's deer hunting time!

Noodle

Count me and Angela in!!!! Would love to come back up there and see yall and hunt! :)

OP
OP
L

LaRoper

Aug 18, 2007
Southwest Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, leave for a little while and see what happens,,, they come out of the woodwork. Looks like yall had a good time at the get together. Me I been busy, working overseas now. I haven't picked up my detector in 3 months now. I need to talk a little time off and do some diggin.
LR

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Laroper....where overseas are you working? Any good spots to hunt??

OP
OP
L

LaRoper

Aug 18, 2007
Southwest Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Shane,
Working in Singapore right now,, don't have a detector with me. I really haven't got to see much of the country, but its nice and hot. I tried to call Troy the last time I was in, but no luck. I'll try and give him a call when I get back in the states.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread