Not Many Louisiana Hunters here.

MrMorph

Aug 16, 2007
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70
I am from La. also. I find the same problem. My deal is, I am in the North part of the state and also very new to the hobby. Seems like everyone has more experience and is from the Southern part of the state. <shrug> oh well

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all,

There's a few of us on the forum...we just don't never post in the LA thread.

I wished the "Member's Map" worked on IE, you will have to have Mozilla to view it better, that way you can see where we're located.

;) RR

MrsNWLouisiana

Greenie
Sep 6, 2007
NW Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
I'm in the northern part of the state, near the AR border. Used to live in Thibodaux, man I bet there are some good sites down there! I also wish we had more Louisianians on here to share good site ideas. It seems hard to come up with places to go hunt around here.

MrMorph

Aug 16, 2007
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70
I am in the NE part of the state.... I haven't found anyone in this area at all. I know that I have read that other places in the country have hundreds of other people that they get together with but it's a bit discouraging to not have anyone else near by.

OP
OP
L

LaRoper

Aug 18, 2007
Southwest Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! "THEY DO EXIST"
Just kidding. Well, I see we have all the corners of La covered. I'm from the S/W part. Mrs.NWLouisiana, when I was reading your post the same thing was going through my head "Man I bet they got some great places up there", with the Civil War battles and all. LOL
Keep on a posting, we will share information and how we do our research.
LR

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Hi everyone. I'm in the NE part of the state also. Glad to see other La. members posting. Headhunter, I grew up in LaSalle parish. I can tell you a few places to hunt around Old River if you interested. There is a WW 2 camp and a old fort, Spanish if I remember right. I found a real nice knife blade made out of sugar quartz on my dad's land near Rhinehart. Send me a pm if interested.

loamlandfire

Greenie
May 27, 2007
northeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505 / Teknetics Delta 4000
Northeast LA here also- Tensas & Concordia Parish area. Don't have as much time to TH as I would like but do get a chance to do some. Have some experience but still not a pro by any means. I do use alot of mapping techniques using gps and google-earth and several other programs to find old home sites and such.

In my area there is a legend of a buried solid silver bell near newellton in Tensas Parish. The old frisby plantation. There are also over 150 plantation that were burned in Tensas Parish during the civil war. There are alot of possibilities around here, just not enough days in the week. Also alot of indian sites nearby. I have recovered over 40lbs of pottery frags not a mile from the house.

Anyone looking to network feel free to email me. or contact me here through the private message thingy.

John
[email protected]

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey yall,
Im from NE area. I use to hunt with my dad years ago, a little bit, I was a big hunter (deer) back in those days.
Trying to get into this hobby, havent even bought a machine yet. Im kinda floundering between a MXT and a Vanquero. I like the coil options you get with the MXT very much and like the ole Whites we used, the MXT has the threshold sound so dont know if I want one with the silent search, maybe I would like it.
I have been trying for days to post here but for some reason this particular thread would not load up for me.
I am from Monroe area and have been searching for someone to talk to that is really informed about the modern detectors, with no luck.
Anyway its great to know you guys are around.
John

treasureseeker51

Jun 10, 2005
hi, i am from the south lafourche area known as bayou country. it's about 50 miles south of thibodaux and 50 miles northwest of grand isle.email me for more info. later

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Louisiana Folks.....I'm Shane in Baton Rouge. Trying to get information on good spots to hunt.

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Howdy fellow Louisianians...... Name's Troy, I live in Deridder LA, (Bout 15 miles south of Fort Polk). Looking for people to hunt with. I've been doing some serious research on several spots in Natchitoches and Sabine Parish's and have several ghost towns here ready to be pounded and dug. Holla.

P.S. The guy above me is my brother who lives in Baton Rouge.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well, well, well! MDer's coming out of the woodwork! Great to see! I've been on the treasure site for a while, but some of you sound new to me.

I'm Noodle and I'm from the Monroe area. Work in Ouachita Parish, live in Richland Parish. Always up for a fresh hunt area! Send a PM if you're from around here, and we'll see if we can get a get-together with all you from around the state.

There are several of us well established on the forum here, but we always like to meet newbies. None of us are professionals, just having fun. Let us hear from you!

- Noodle

OP
OP
L

LaRoper

Aug 18, 2007
Southwest Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Hello Noodle,
LaRoper here, S/W part ot the state. The is a guy up your way who is just getting started. It would be Gator01 I know he is looking for someone to show him the ropes. Have fun out there.
LR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread