GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Hello to all!
I am a newbie and this is my first post. I just wanted to say Hello to all the Louisiana detectors. I live in Vidalia and hunt primarily in Concordia, Tensas and Franklin parishes. Detectors used are Explorer II and Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound. Will be interested in meeting any LA hunters for joint ventures. Willing to share my limited knowledge of detecting and site searching.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey agarrett! Welcome! You live in great country, right on the Mississippi, yeah! I search in Franklin Parish some, too. It's an old parish, as is yours. So much history!! Thanks for the PM and hollar anytime. -Noodle

OP
OP
GrayCloud

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
You didn't flip out! I changed my handle, as I did not mean for agarrett to be listed. My grandmother was full blood Cherokee from the OK reservation. Planning a hunt for tomorrow in MS. An old commissary store located on private land in Anna's Bottom.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Anna's Bottom had a store in it?? That must have hurt! :D

Good luck tomorrow!!!! I think the weather's supposed to clear up.

Noodle

OP
OP
GrayCloud

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Rained all night, reschedule the hunt in Ann as Bottom for tomorrow. Naw, that little commissary store didn't bother Anna any. She has a big old bottom, I would say somewhere around ten to twenty thousand acres. Old plantation land with many planter and slave house sites.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow, sounds nice! If you need some help sometime, let me know. ;D Am trying to set up a hunt here in Richland Parish sometime in April or May. Let me know if you're interested. In the meanwhile, good hunting to you! -Noodle

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya Gray Cloud,
Im up in the Monroe area. Noodles is just south of me and another guys up in Bastrop. Maybe one day we can all meet up for a hunt of some sort.
HH,
John

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey guys, I have a hunt planned here on my plot and neighboring areas. Am waiting on hinging dates. I'll keep you informed. If you like, go to the "Hunt" thread and then to CTH Hunt #2. We've had two hunts (Missouri and Kansas) and it's a great group; gets bigger every year. This year, there are two hunts planned, one in Kansas and one here in Richland Parish. We're still coordinating. Stay tuned and I'll keep you uptodate as it developes. The hunt will go from a Friday p.m. until Monday a.m. It will either be in April-May or the fall, depending on the Kansas hunt date.

Thanks - Noodle

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Noodle,
I am interested for the Richland Parish. I need a months notice so I can plan to get away from work for a full weekend. Plus,if you need any help preparing, drop me a line.
There are several guys Ive talked with in South LA that may be interested. Like me they would need a pretty good advanced notice of the dates.
HH
John

OP
OP
GrayCloud

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Hey yaw, well we did get in about four hours of hunting today in Anna's Bottom. Nope, didn't get rich. We did find some nice relics and some old bottles. The coins are not braggers. We also located two PRIVEYS, that will require another trip with the backhoe. We have a really good relic hunting site in Tensas parish, on a private hunting club. My partner and I have full range of the place, but I will have to check before taking additional detectorist with us. I do not think it will be an issue as long as we keep the number fairly low. The hunt in Richland parish sounds good to me. The more we rub shoulders, the more we all learn. I am mostly interested in CACH HUNTING. We have several sites that we are researching. Some of yaw, may have knowledge or access to some of these sites. A share of a cach is always better than a what if. Just keep me updated. HAVE DETECTOR AND WIFE, BOTH WILL TRAVEL...

S

Smee

Gator01 said:
Heya Gray Cloud,
Im up in the Monroe area. Noodles is just south of me and another guys up in Bastrop. Maybe one day we can all meet up for a hunt of some sort.
HH,
John

Just curious who's in Bastrop, cause I'm just across the line in Crossett, AR.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions