Shreveport

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Tnet. There is a big hunt get together coming up in April thats relatively close to you. Check it out under the Tnet Hunts section. Hope to see you there and good luck on detecting!! Shane in Baton Rouge

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jtnjetta said:
anyone from shreveport, Bossire area. sorry probably spelled that second one wrong. Sorry. My grandmother lives in Ringold wondering where to hunt.

thanks for the help.

HH

To learn the history of the whole area, the absolutely BEST research source is the campus library at Centenary College in Shreveport. Only students of the college can check out books, but anyone can go there and read, research, and take notes. I went there back in the 1970s and found material on the entire state as well as some very good leads to areas in my home state of Mississippi. Just the bound copies of past issues of Louisiana's Historical Quarterly will keep you busy for a very long time. Good research is half the fun. TIP: Do not mention metal detecting, treasure hunting, or relic hunting when you go there. Simply say you want to research the history of the area / state because "history" is your hobby. Or you might use Genealogy as your reason for reading. :)
You see, librarians don't necessarily like treasure / relic hunters. Many see us a vandals. (to put it politely ;D ) But, don't let that stop you. Also, check with local law enforcement agencies and ask if there are any laws prohibiting you from MDing in the parks and on other city property.
HAVE FUN ! and good hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread