🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://sanborn.umi.com/ Then click on "Browse Maps"
The user name is "residence"
The password is "welcome"

Click on LA, then the town...it will then ask for the year(s). You have to play around with the features in order to in large...helps you find those old buildings/residences, places to detect. Always get permission 1st before hunting. Good luck!!

:wink: RR

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Louisiana Town Maps

Thanks RR. realy nice site .... 8) Now I need to get my printer fixed.. Now I know why that empty lot gave up so many coins... ;D

treasureseeker51

Jun 10, 2005

hi there river rat, i just tried to view the maps at sanborn.umi.com and couldn't choose a state to view. the username and password got me in ,but i couldn't do anything else. please help as i am from the larose ,la area and would like to check this out. thanks and happy father's day.

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Treasureseeker,

I double checked the site just a few moments ago...it was working for me, both at Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Are you following everything...after the login/password click Browse Map 1 - Select State from the drop down listing and click Louisiana; 2 - Select City from the drop down listing (No LaRose, I did click on Golden Meadow); 3 - Select Date some cities have several dates to choose from...Golden Meadow just had 1922.

If it does not work, I really don't know what else to do. Suggestion...put that same question under the "Map" thread, and someone can help.

Jun 18, 2008

Hey River Rat,
I see you live around the tickfaw area. Any luck finding anything around that area. I have a camp down the tangipahoa river and wanted to know where i could find old maps of the rivers and the lakes. Ponchatrain and maurpas. THX for your help

Racer

craigsaaron

Mar 8, 2009
Youngsville, LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Have tried to use web address you provided for maps. Username or password is not being accepted. Can you help me.

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Craig, I just double checked it, it was working fine for me.

Click on the link, then Browse Maps, change user name from "residence" to sanborn, then the password is welcome.

Hope this works for you...if not holler for me again! ;D It is also posted here... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,186113.0.html

Hotpie

Aug 12, 2009
River Rat said:
http://sanborn.umi.com/ Then click on "Browse Maps"
The user name is "residence"
The password is "welcome"

Click on LA, then the town...it will then ask for the year(s). You have to play around with the features in order to in large...helps you find those old buildings/residences, places to detect. Always get permission 1st before hunting. Good luck!!

I tried an the user name>residence-- an the password>welcome: They do not work, it states, wong password an username.

Also, user name> sanborn doesn`t work either........ :dontknow:

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, I forgot to update. But, on the main forum (Maps) they were suggesting not to publish cause once Sanborn sees it, they change it again. I don't think they're look under the LA board. :dontknow:

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya Tensas, I ran across it on another forum, being laid up, I have a lot of reading time,lol.
Heya River Rat, how ya been doin??? I always wondered why they change it so much. Maybe we need to come up with a secret code or something so they want know what we are posting,lol.
Best to all,
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread