To our Moderators....please consider this....Magnet Fishing Thread?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This week, Tnet member deerhuntinghippie posted a thread about magnet fishing....Fascinating!
This is a subject that has been discussed many times over the years, and is practiced by a few members on a regular basis. Yes, it is a niche form of treasure hunting, but it is gaining popularity as the Internet holds lots of information for enthusiasts.
I have searched high and low for similar threads in our forums, and was able to find dozens of previous posts, some with pages of responses. Problem is, they are spread out among a half dozen different forums, the original posters have had nowhere specific to discuss the hobby.

Certainly this won't be a heavily traveled forum, but I feel that this form of treasure hunting deserves the recognition of its own section.

My enthusiasm isn't just associated with watching and learning about magnet fishing, but I am also excited to be jumping into the hobby myself.

So, where could I post pics of my latest finds?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thank you for time, and consideration....
And if I may, is there any support from other members?

Magnet Fishing Forum, not thread, title error

Last edited:

thaigler

Jul 27, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesero Bandidio, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bigwavedave

"Be sure to check THE INJURY THREAD, in the General Discussion forum!
and yes..I LOVE MY WIFE!"

I just got my magnet in from OX magnets rated 375lbs. I had to put it on the fridge. You should have seen my wife, when she saw the new refrigerator magnet :headbang: No way she could move it........she is like would you spend $35 on a magnet you cannot move :laughing7:

Yea.....I LOVE MY WIFE TOO

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey that's a good idea BWD, man you're on fire! I've seen some videos on the Tube and always been curious about.
Which strenght would be a good compromise, like I dont want to lose it by sticking on a submerged car not be able to pull the thing out?
I go to my cabin each weekends, the St-Francis river on my front yard, so will try for sure.

Thanks

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
There is another user on here that goes by Trashurseeker that also makes vids just as Deerhuntinghippie does.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of guys that I recognize are in to this....I am addicted to this already, gotta get a rope now.:laughing7:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aquachigger...Scannerguy...Trashureseeker...all use magnets on a fairly regular basis. I love it but don't really have anywhere to do it...it is pretty damn neat though.

I think a section dedicated to it would get a fair bit of traffic once people realize it is there.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I think they have a thread for dumpster divers so why not magnet fishing. I like that you don't need bait to catch something.

Enginefitter

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this would be a very interesting thread. Could you imagine the pics of what some of these guys would bring up from the depths from God knows where.

I have been kicking around magnet fishing for a long time especially with the strong magnets they make today that are not that big.

Lets light this fuse!!!!

Engine

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That would be cool indeed, so far I've been posting mine in the beach and shallow water section, but a dedicated magnet fishing section would be nice if you ask me.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigwavedave

"Be sure to check THE INJURY THREAD, in the General Discussion forum!
and yes..I LOVE MY WIFE!"

I just got my magnet in from OX magnets rated 375lbs. I had to put it on the fridge. You should have seen my wife, when she saw the new refrigerator magnet :headbang: No way she could move it........she is like would you spend $35 on a magnet you cannot move :laughing7:

Yea.....I LOVE MY WIFE TOO

Damn, I have a 200LB magnet. How the heck did you get it off the fridge:laughing7:

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so attracted to magnet fishing

I just got another magnet from Ox Magnets. It's a 375 lb. I shook this solid shot hard and it wouldn't budge. I also have three 173 lb magnets that I got from K&J Magnetics but they were way overpriced comparatively.

I'm going to put one at the end of a pick, another at the end of a rope and some at the end of longer poles for deep water from the boat.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 197
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    820.4 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 199

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a magnet fishing line set up but haven't used it yet. Found out that the local lake won't allow wading, swimming, etc. So I will have trouble here at the local lake. Yup I could go for the thread too.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thread...:BangHead:
Forum!....what I should have said in my title, but y'all get the gist of it...
Haven't heard from any Mods, they must be busy keeping an eye on the Mug Shots forum.:laughing7:

This would make a good forum, videos, how to's, techniques, advice, finds.... There is an audience!
I think about somebody googling the subject, and then they find a forum on Tnet! They become a member, contribute with ideas, questions, and experience....nothing wrong with that!

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Thread...:BangHead:
Forum!....what I should have said in my title, but y'all get the gist of it...
Haven't heard from any Mods, they must be busy keeping an eye on the Mug Shots forum.:laughing7:

This would make a good forum, videos, how to's, techniques, advice, finds.... There is an audience!
I think about somebody googling the subject, and then they find a forum on Tnet! They become a member, contribute with ideas, questions, and experience....nothing wrong with that!

Agreed!! I heard about it here, and never would have thought of it. New territory hunt. And ya don't need batteries:laughing7:

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One could possibly get around metal detecting laws or bans.....

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One could possibly get around metal detecting laws or bans.....

You mean in the water?.... Hmmm...wasn't thinking that.
I guess if there were regulations against detecting waterways with a detector, this would be a loophole...
But I think this would be better discussed....IN A FORUM!!!

Let's stay focused.... Waiting for a moderators 2 cents...so far, crickets.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Idea. I have two of the large magnets I use in my water hunts along with my detectors. I have watched videos where people do nothing more than magnet fish. Treasure hunter has it in the mod section. You all are not being ignored. We have lives too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions