Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live buy a large lake, not sure if Magnet fishing would be allowed. What are you hoping to find in the lakes? The lake I live buy is a man made lake from years ago. How ever it is so dirty I do not go to it. No fish to speak of, red dirt and red water. Only thing possible would be old rusty worn out stuff that was tossed in the lake because not body wanted it.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guns, knifes, tools, fishing polls. Anything magnetic. You never know till you throw the rope.

HH RN

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Guns, knifes, tools, fishing polls. Anything magnetic. You never know till you throw the rope.

HH RN

"fishing polls"... huh? Is that where they ask the fish for an opinion?

Sorry RN, I couldn't resist... I will show myself out now, don't bother getting up...

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"fishing polls"... huh? Is that where they ask the fish for an opinion?

Sorry RN, I couldn't resist... I will show myself out now, don't bother getting up...
" Smart a$$ "

HH RN

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What ever has been tossed,dropped , or lost that will stick ,below my strength.
People do / have used axels and engine blocks to secure boats offshore, I' ll pass on them.
One bridge I fished around had lots of snags.
A big city police dive team left their normal dive practice river due to visibility and hit the bridge area...
Years of stuff ...from stereo's to cut up cars.

Around me ,ice fishing demonstrates the mystery of dropped objects either landing in a hole , or racing towards one. And it can cost one a spud before tethering one proper. Not that I've watched one plunge........o.k.. I have.
A decent ice spud ain't cheap.
One year snorkelling an axe turned up a neighbor dropped when making a hockey rink on the lake.

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if Magnet Fishing is restricted/forbidden anywhere....good question...
As for finds....you won't know till you try....

Keep Your Rope Wet!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live by a large lake, not sure if Magnet fishing would be allowed. What are you hoping to find in the lakes? The lake I live buy is a man made lake from years ago. How ever it is so dirty I do not go to it. No fish to speak of, red dirt and red water. Only thing possible would be old rusty worn out stuff that was tossed in the lake because nobody wanted it.

That's what makes it fun, you never know what you will pull in.
Knives, tools, broken parts, reels, lures, boat motors, tackle boxes, minnow buckets, stringers, guns, what is it's, watches, cans, nails, car parts, chain, boat anchors, you name it, anything that is ferrous.

What I hope to find though is an iron treasure chest full of gold!

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread