Magnet strengths

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got this bad boy from BM today https://brutemagnetics.com/collecti...th-countersunk-hole-and-eyebolt-4-72-diameter

It is not overkill because the magnet covers more area. This magnet is about as big around as your hand, and is perfect for dropping around the docks

You had better hope that it is not a metal dock. I got a 400 lb der stuck and had to get my shovel to get it off.

The Magnet Angler

Nov 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
The dock where I usually go is made of aluminum so it isnt magnetic, I always test areas with the small magnet anyways before I will use the big one...just to check what type of terrain is underneath the water (trees stumps etc(

zsandru

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2018
montana
Detector(s) used
gold bug and ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive paid several hundred for a good n52 neodymium mag ..but word of warning they are angry i have 2 -250 pound a caged 300 pound 2 500 pounders and 1- 800 but that 300 if it ever clicked flat on a good target it takes 2 people to remove it .. but found some cool stuff

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Head the warnings folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Less than three minutes of unboxing my new 400 lb----I was bleeding.Got it to close to a tool on my bench and the tool jumped onto the magnet in a flash, catching,clamping,smashing,pinching,etc., my hand between the thumb and trigger finger.Damn that hurt. Be very careful handling these things.
Also,I would suggest sticking to a magnet in the 250 to 400 lb range,if you are not going after the BIG stuff.My 255 lb can lift 2" x 6' pipe but was not able to lift a 3 1/2-4" x 8' pipe.However, after many disconnects,I did manage to drag it into shallow water.
Happy magnet angling.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Head the warnings folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Less than three minutes of unboxing my new 400 lb----I was bleeding.Got it to close to a tool on my bench and the tool jumped onto the magnet in a flash, catching,clamping,smashing,pinching,etc., my hand between the thumb and trigger finger.Damn that hurt. Be very careful handling these things.
Also,I would suggest sticking to a magnet in the 250 to 400 lb range,if you are not going after the BIG stuff.My 255 lb can lift 2" x 6' pipe but was not able to lift a 3 1/2-4" x 8' pipe.However, after many disconnects,I did manage to drag it into shallow water.
Happy magnet angling.

I wade creeks and have one in each hand on a stick. If one magnet won't shake it loose the other together will. Yes be safe they are dangerous.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread