Good stuff there guys....
Amusing to watch you ride a bike, fresh out of the water.:tongue3:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be a lot of frustrated bike riders there. Get tired of riding so throw bike and walk.....

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you will find the Treasure that is hidden somewhere there in Germany. You know which one I am talking about. Let us know if you do we won't tell anyone.

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Must be a lot of frustrated bike riders there. Get tired of riding so throw bike and walk.....

My guess is kids stealing bikes then realizing they get into trouble if they bring them home, but the thought of someone getting angry and throwing his bike away is funnier :)

Maybe you will find the Treasure that is hidden somewhere there in Germany. You know which one I am talking about. Let us know if you do we won't tell anyone.

Don't tell anyone, but I already found it. That's how I could afford a metal detector in the first place.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Dude, you keeping an eye out on the component names? The sort of folks just dumping bikes are not the sort who are going to part them out, the bike can turn to crap fast but many components will not be affected just sitting under water or the affect will be limited.

Just ask because that purple one looked like it had a Tubus, I had to watch it a few times. LOL You know how it is, most people buy transporters that are moderate, but for what they need it for is where they invest.

Also would not be bad to keep an eye out for a dynamo hub, would not take much to clean it up and then run a test on BOB.

You never know what your going to pull up.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife is 49% German.
We... Have never visited her... 49% homeland.

get it boys !!!! get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dude, you keeping an eye out on the component names? The sort of folks just dumping bikes are not the sort who are going to part them out, the bike can turn to crap fast but many components will not be affected just sitting under water or the affect will be limited.

Just ask because that purple one looked like it had a Tubus, I had to watch it a few times. LOL You know how it is, most people buy transporters that are moderate, but for what they need it for is where they invest.

Also would not be bad to keep an eye out for a dynamo hub, would not take much to clean it up and then run a test on BOB.

You never know what your going to pull up.

Good idea about the dynamo hub, but they are rare on the youth bikes we pull up most of the time. I don't really care much about the components for now, we have neither tools nor transport to do anything useful with the bikes. Come spring I'm going to drive to all the places we stored the bikes at and retrieve as much as we can, then I will dismantle everything and either scrap or resell everything. The good thing is that no one steals the bikes from the bushes even if they are discovered :)

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
My wife is 49% German.
We... Have never visited her... 49% homeland.

get it boys !!!! get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Half German, the other half Viking? :) It's a beautiful country, worth a visit but if you come the North is better to visit in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread