Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were you tipsy one night and ordered too many super mags? Given up the hobby?

You can reuse them!

beermags.jpg

All that wasted space above the cap is now useful!

Hang the beverages and slide that pizza box right under!

:icon_thumleft:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a bad idea.

I used to recycle computers. when I tore down the hard drives I would get two neodymium magnets. I would sell in lots of 10 on ebay. one guy bought two lots so I was curious why so many. He nails them around his garage and work bench. he use them to hold all his tools, from wrenches to shovels.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a bad idea.

I used to recycle computers. when I tore down the hard drives I would get two neodymium magnets. I would sell in lots of 10 on ebay. one guy bought two lots so I was curious why so many. He nails them around his garage and work bench. he use them to hold all his tools, from wrenches to shovels.
Same here! You can take three of the magnets and use the holes in the ends to make a circle. Add two small angle brackets to attach a broom handle. You should be able to lift a five horse lawnmower engine. Made one for my buddy & he uses it to grab up roofing nails under eaves of old buildings he searches.

What the heck did we do before salvaged HDs?

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good idea! Unfortunately, I won't be able to do that with my cans of PBR in my fridge. I recently bought a bunch of neodymium magnets straight from a factory in China. The markup of those things are pretty darned high here. They were less than half the price over there. Only downfall is, I had to wait a few weeks before I got them. Tugboat express. If you're not in a hurry, the pricing is well worth the wait.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea! Unfortunately, I won't be able to do that with my cans of PBR in my fridge.
Do they still make PBR or Hamms? Have not seen those in years or even commercials.

I recently bought a bunch of neodymium magnets straight from a factory in China. The markup of those things are pretty darned high here. They were less than half the price over there.
A 100% markup is normal on many things, I try for more than that. Jewelry stores do what is called Keystone markup, double the cost and then double it again. That is why they can give such a great discount.

When you order from those commies (yes, I am old and that is what they were called decades ago) be sure you get what you pay for. An acquaintance of mine makes a product using neodymium magnets molded to a certain size. He also wanted a certain N value (like N52) they shipped his first test order and it was a few numbers lower. They just assumed he would not know how to test. He refused it and they had to remake.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do they still make PBR or Hamms? Have not seen those in years or even commercials.

A 100% markup is normal on many things, I try for more than that. Jewelry stores do what is called Keystone markup, double the cost and then double it again. That is why they can give such a great discount.

When you order from those commies (yes, I am old and that is what they were called decades ago) be sure you get what you pay for. An acquaintance of mine makes a product using neodymium magnets molded to a certain size. He also wanted a certain N value (like N52) they shipped his first test order and it was a few numbers lower. They just assumed he would not know how to test. He refused it and they had to remake.

Yes sir, PBR is available everywhere here. It seems thats the choice for most domestic beer drinkers around these parts. I'm with you as far as those commies go. I never did trust those little *******s. I did wonder about the "n" grade that they're selling from there, if they might bamboozle others by sending out the weaker magnets.I wouldn't put it past them one bit.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you as far as those commies go. I never did trust those little *******s. I did wonder about the "n" grade that they're selling from there, if they might bamboozle others by sending out the weaker magnets.I wouldn't put it past them one bit.

Not only that, they are the counterfeit capitol of the globe. Here is part of a post I made last Christmas time. About a trip I made to Japan several months earlier.

I flew from Los Angeles to Tokyo with a layover in Beijing, China. To catch my flight to Tokyo from Beijing I was in a secure waiting area of their very impressive airport. I had to go through a thorough screening and show my passport and ticket. While waiting, two 20 something Chinese girls came up to me and in very good English said "can you change my $20 for two $10s?" I took the U.S 20 dollar bill and held it up to a light and exactly as expected, no watermark on the right. I gave it back and told them it was a fake, they said sorry and quickly turned and disappeared into the crowd. I thought about it for a few seconds and decided to see if I could find them and see who else they would try this scam on. But alas they blended in real well. Of course, I was in China, I expected scams like that but what got me how did these two girls get into this highly secure area?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just figured out one more use for your scavenged hard drive magnets. I've got those cruddy metal closet doors. Was taking off my shirt and decided I was going to hang it on the closet door with a magnet. It stayed there for four days until the wife asked me how to unhook the shirt so she could wash it. Told her "I don't know? That's why it's still there." You guessed it! Hung there another two days..............

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBR is all the rage among the hipster crowd these days. In Philly at some bars it's $6/can!

you gotta be kidding me. I used to get dollar cans at the bar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread