cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was so big someone walking buy decided to help me pull it in.

A ten speed bike. Looked like it had not been in the water very long. Probably stolen.

I think my magnet is only rated 110# or so and knew as soon as I pulled it out of the water the bike would get too heavy and come off so I slowly moved from the center of the bridge to the shore side keeping the bike just under water. I left it there and will contact the local police to see if they had any stolen reports. We have a lot of homeless in this town and things do get stolen.

This was my first chance to magfish since I moved up here. I just discovered the bridge a few days ago. It is a small river emptying into a bay of the Pacific Ocean.

Attachments

• 20170526_163553.jpg
    20170526_163553.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 208
  • 20170526_163613.jpg
    20170526_163613.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 235

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice catch!

I have a crazy question - were the tires still holding air pressure when you brought in the bike?

I noticed that bikes pulled from canals in Holland still retained tire air pressure when underwater even after long submersion. Just curious.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice catch!

I have a crazy question - were the tires still holding air pressure when you brought in the bike?

I noticed that bikes pulled from canals in Holland still retained tire air pressure when underwater even after long submersion. Just curious.

Didn't check, sorry. Most likely yes, was probably only 6-8 feet deep.

I bet finding bikes in Holland is common place. Everybody rides them over there. Then they get doped up and take any bike they see after leaving the pot shop and dump it in the canal after getting home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread