Testing out my magnet hillbilly style

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been magnet fishing for about 2 years now. When I first started, the hobby wasn't that well-known here in the U.S. Lately, however, it seems to be growing in popularity.
As I've said before, it really is an underrated hobby. It doesn't demand much preparation, it's easy to do with your kids and depending on what you're hoping to find, it doesn't take near as much research as metal detecting.
Anyways, I made a ridiculous video testing out a cone shaped magnet that was sent to me by the guys at Brute magnetics. They are a small business in north Georgia. I'm not sponsored by them in any way. I'm just sharing this here because the question I get asked more than any question on youtube is "Where is the best place buy a magnet?" From what I'm hearing, most people are going out a buying 70 lb pull magnets from Harbor Freight, only to realize after their first outing that the magnet is not strong enough. The magnet used in this video is a rare earth magnet and it's pretty strong, as you'll see in this goofy video.
If I seem a little touchy with my daughter in the video, I was. I was on the verge of giving her a stinger splash off the back deck because we were running out of shooting light.
Anyways, hope those interested in this new hobby enjoy the video and perhaps learn of at least one place to purchase the right magnet for the job.
By the way, this is not the strongest magnet Brute sells.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Video & awesome Kid's .
Ill have to try MF one day, boy I procrastinate everything.

P.S. It has been Hot & Humid for late September, seem's cooler this AM tho . Also could use some rain after a wet Spring & early summer. If it were not for ' Irma' I'd think it was last year 'Dry' Again.

Thanks for posting.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions