First Gun

jettydog

Sep 7, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on my third magnet fishing outing this morning, found lots of stuff as usual but nothing great and loads of junk.
I did get my first gun today and I am pretty sure it was a Glock 9. It was pretty crusty but still could make out the entire shape of it.
I called the local cops in Mays Landing N.J. and they came and got it. No way was I bringing it to them lol. that could end badly.
It was very interesting to say the least and the cops wanted to know about my magnets so I said maybe you guys should get some for the department lol. Anyway I was out for around 4 hours and had a blast. I'll post some pics later :icon_thumleft:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went on my third magnet fishing outing this morning, found lots of stuff as usual but nothing great and loads of junk.
I did get my first gun today and I am pretty sure it was a Glock 9. It was pretty crusty but still could make out the entire shape of it.
I called the local cops in Mays Landing N.J. and they came and got it. No way was I bringing it to them lol. that could end badly.
It was very interesting to say the least and the cops wanted to know about my magnets so I said maybe you guys should get some for the department lol. Anyway I was out for around 4 hours and had a blast. I'll post some pics later :icon_thumleft:

That salt water is hell on metal. Look on the map for a freshwater doc in one of the rivers or lakes and the stuff you bring up should be in much better shape.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
magnet.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE FIND JettyDog :..
Super on LEO interest!

Chiltepin

Sep 25, 2017
Southwest US
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Other
Not Hi-point they have ugly bulky slides.

Might be in the EAA 380 family Russian steel
It almost looks like a Markov 9 replica. Does
The grip have a "star" on it?

Glocks are mostly Polymer - metal guides for the rail, springs
Firing pin. Glock did make an almost all polymer gun for
Air Marshals at one time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jettydog

jettydog

Sep 7, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_3005.JPG
Trying to see the grip a little better but I think you nailed it.

Chiltepin

Sep 25, 2017
Southwest US
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a collector- the Russian markov 9×18mm has been on my list
for years.

Last edited:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a Makarov, I've got a few of them. The Chinese copy used the "thumb shelf" on the grip like the one shown in the photo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread