Why do some places have so little?

GA Magnet Fishing

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have noticed in my first 4 outings, that some areas that you would swear would be littered with stuff (I had a lagoon type area off a river near my house), but literally can't catch anything with the magnet. I would have swore there would be hundreds of things within a small area because it was an area that the river water would push stuff up into and stay there, sort of like a lake (and people camp there/swim/and fish a lot). I threw my magnet about 100 times and only got a couple rocks, not even a nail or screw. But then other places I can find pipes/a ring/locks etc

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Areas near docks ,bridges, swimming areas, boat launching ramps, and fishing are prime. Most things dropped into the water just sinks to the bottom and unless the current is strong will just stay there.

OP
OP
G

GA Magnet Fishing

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any tips for different places? I have went to creeks and a dock so far, the creeks tend to have a better chance of getting something because there is less area and water, giving you a greater chance of hitting something vs trying to get something in a river.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do some places have so little? Well, because I got there first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread