nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
go to a hardware or a sports store and look at the ropes in person.get a rare earth magnet .200lb ??
good luck brad

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought from Home Depot and I use the braded poly rope because it does not take on water and will dry without mold..

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get Parachute cord

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Get Parachute cord
parachute cord huh ? i would think thats kinda thin to grab on to ? does'nt it retain water ? i think i had some at one time and kinda remember it retained water ? and if it gets hung up on something heavy and you have to wrap it around your hand several times ? right ? i dont know using that with a heavier magnet ? what magnet u usin ?

coiltekjohn

Greenie
Apr 9, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a few magnets and tried different cords. They all got stuck or grabbed on to heavy metal and lost at sea. lol

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did try the para cord and yes it was to thin and it did retain water. You can buy very good braided poly rope that is rated very high in load bearing. Proper care when making the knot to the magnet must be taken. There are several U tube videos on proper knots for that purpose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread