SERIOUSLY 1000 LB PULL MAGNET

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I remember at looking to buy one in the neighborhood of 200 pounds pull. Even then I would have had to sign a waiver (it can smash your fingers flat) and shipping was crazy (some kind of big box with magnet in center out of range of other metal and electronic devices). Can't say I wouldn't like to have 1000 pound pull, but I think I settled for 40-50 pounds pull.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you purchase these magnets please notify your receiving company of the contents (US POST OFFICE < UPS < FED X ) someone could get hurt in the shipping. I bought one and notified my post office. When it came it was in a single wrapped piece of carboard. They thanked me for notifying them. I showed them what it could do even wrapped like it was and they realized I was glad i told them to be on the look out for it

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used my 400 lb magnet and had it stuck to a metal boat dock leg and had to get a shovel to retrieve it. a 1000 pound pull magnet if stuck to flat surface like a car body or large plate metal is very very difficult to remove and in most cases (deep water) is written off as a loss. They work well in many areas because they can pull the target items form a distance (from the side as it goes by) where the lesser pull magnets cannot. many items pulled up are very difficult to remove from the magnet and in some cases have had to be taken back home to accomplish that. The 1000 pound magnets that are two 500 units back to back (two sided) seem to be better suited and even though they still have difficulties they are much less trouble than the one sided 1ooo pounder. check at 4:35

Last edited:

GaffleBab

Aug 4, 2017
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT MAX International
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha! Definitely could end up spending way too much time figuring how to remove things. Bowwinkles certainly summed up my thoughts on this!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is it I get this picture of the two or three times I've had mine in the side pocket of my cargo shorts & got too close to the truck door. Haven't done that yet? Your ego deflates in a heartbeat & your embarrassment level goes up 200% in 2.2 seconds. The only good thing is the pocket keeps the magnet from scratching the paint.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rust and corrision will defeat much of a magnets pulling power underwater. A 200lb magnet won't hold on to much but 1000lb seems like overkill and could lead to a very serious injury.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some may want to use a 1K pull magnet where they are in a situation of deep mud on the bottom of the area they are hunting. The extra pull would help get those items loose out of that environment. Personally I am going to stick with tools in the 400 range.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a magnet.

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
now lets all be logical here ? K. lets say theres happen to be a submerged vehicle at you prospective fishing hole ? when that 1k pound magnet bites on to it ? who be man enough to pull it free ? huh ? not me ? even with a running start. i''l come watch though.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now lets all be logical here ? K. lets say theres happen to be a submerged vehicle at you prospective fishing hole ? when that 1k pound magnet bites on to it ? who be man enough to pull it free ? huh ? not me ? even with a running start. i''l come watch though.

A strait 90 degree pull would be very hard to break loose. Pulling it to the side and if you can get it to slide there is a good chance you may be able to break it loose.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some may want to use a 1K pull magnet where they are in a situation of deep mud on the bottom of the area they are hunting. The extra pull would help get those items loose out of that environment. Personally I am going to stick with tools in the 400 range.

The problem with that is it's very difficult to push the wider base 1000lb mag into the muck to retrieve anything. A smaller mag on a pick handle such as the one used by Aquachigger can be pushed into the mud much easier.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not suggesting that it be pushed into the muck, I just was saying when the magnet is pulled across the bottom the extra pull that the larger magnet has will move the metal items up thru the muck much better with the stronger pull. A 1000 pull magnet will side a pair of pliers across a table top at quite a distance. Of course those items that are sub surface in the muck could only be moved a small portion of that distance.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't need to be a he-man. A guy that worked around Newport Beach had a pretty cool setup! He had a couple come alongs, 50' of cable & some clamps on a hand truck. If he got hung, he'd make a loop in the rope, hook the come along to the rope. He'd hook the cable to something like a rail or the concrete posts the dock rode up n down, He'd cinch it all up as tight as he could manage, and leave it set. Every once in awhile he'd kick the cable, if it was loose he'd put a couple more cranks on it till it broke the suction from the mud. Watched him pull up a 20' something piece of 4"pipe one night! With todays toys, you could replace the come along with a 12v winch & a couple gel cell batteries. For that I'd replace the magnet with a grapnel. Imagine an old fart like me pulling over 1000 pounds with no back pain or hernia!!:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

OP
OP
nomad 11

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Wouldn't need to be a he-man. A guy that worked around Newport Beach had a pretty cool setup! He had a couple come alongs, 50' of cable & some clamps on a hand truck. If he got hung, he'd make a loop in the rope, hook the come along to the rope. He'd hook the cable to something like a rail or the concrete posts the dock rode up n down, He'd cinch it all up as tight as he could manage, and leave it set. Every once in awhile he'd kick the cable, if it was loose he'd put a couple more cranks on it till it broke the suction from the mud. Watched him pull up a 20' something piece of 4"pipe one night! With todays toys, you could replace the come along with a 12v winch & a couple gel cell batteries. For that I'd replace the magnet with a grapnel. Imagine an old fart like me pulling over 1000 pounds with no back pain or hernia!!:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

old fart like you ? come on give yourself some credit. how about an old geezer like me ? dont even want to risk a hernia ? oh and the back pain ? OH ! OH !OH !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread