Finally pulled the trigger on a Brute setup

MEG-NETIC

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2019
NY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My starter set

Just purchased the Brute Magnetics 350lb cup magnet that comes with 100' orange 550 paracord and threadlocker. Hope to show some finds soon.
Does anyone here use this rig? Do you like it? I'm a newbie at the magnet fishing game so any tips or tricks are appreciated. I'm well aware of the safety precautions with these magnets but I'd like to know what you use to cap the magnet when not in use.

I am a newbie as well! I bought this magnet from Amazon as my first. Came with a drawstring bag. Other kits come with a carrying case for your mag and rope. I’m sure you can go to a craft or hardware store and get a tackle/jewelry box for your set. The research I’ve done via YouTube and internet recommend a plastic scraping tool to remove filaments and a sham/towel to prevent any rusting. My recommendation is to make sure you have an updated tetanus shot and cut resistant gloves for when you find really large/sharp/rusted objects. Gloves can also help prevent rope burn when you pull heavy finds. I also bought 100ft of 550lb paracord which may be too long but I can always cut it in half and have a backup rope. Be sure the rope you choose is equal to or greater than the mag strength. Hope this helps. Feel free to share your experiences and what tips/tricks worked or didn’t work. 09F13DC8-F4E8-49A8-A85A-05F5AF6751D5.png

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck have fun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread