Finally pulled the trigger on a Brute setup
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Finally pulled the trigger on a Brute setup

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    St. Charles County, Missouri
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Carrot
    2049 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Finally pulled the trigger on a Brute setup

Just purchased the Brute Magnetics 350lb cup magnet that comes with 100' orange 550 paracord and threadlocker. Hope to show some finds soon.
    Does anyone here use this rig? Do you like it? I'm a newbie at the magnet fishing game so any tips or tricks are appreciated. I'm well aware of the safety precautions with these magnets but I'd like to know what you use to cap the magnet when not in use.
    sprailroad, dts52 and GaffleBab like this.
    Watch for Motorcycles

Nov 2012
    1073 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GopherDaGold View Post
    Just purchased the Brute Magnetics 350lb cup magnet that comes with 100' orange 550 paracord and threadlocker. Hope to show some finds soon.
    Does anyone here use this rig? Do you like it? I'm a newbie at the magnet fishing game so any tips or tricks are appreciated. I'm well aware of the safety precautions with these magnets but I'd like to know what you use to cap the magnet when not in use.
    I use 50 ft of rope and mine is braided poly, never had a need for the extra rope. You can get a plastic jar lid (like mayo) that will fit over the magnet end and then duck tape a metal washer to the outside of the lid. It will snap on and off and will provide protection. Good luck with ur new toy.

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Carrot
    2049 times
    Thank for the tip! It comes with the 100' length of paracord in the deal and I doubt I will need all that.
    rook3434 likes this.
    Watch for Motorcycles

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2141 times
    just wonderin ? what a you gonna name your magnet ? i call mine bowser, and when i pitch it out. i say fetch bowser.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2141 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bowwinkles View Post
    I use 50 ft of rope and mine is braided poly, never had a need for the extra rope. You can get a plastic jar lid (like mayo) that will fit over the magnet end and then duck tape a metal washer to the outside of the lid. It will snap on and off and will provide protection. Good luck with ur new toy.
    thats a good idea with the plastic jar lid. i like miracle whip myself. had'nt had that in such a long time its just a memory. mmmmmmmmmmm ! specially on ham samiches in the summer time with a big fat slice of bomater and some lettuce.
    GopherDaGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    2049 times
    Mayo, not Miracle Whip! My fiance loves that stuff but for me it's too tangy and overpowers my sammich.
    I will hold out on the name until I return from my first outing. Hopefully won't be calling it Bone-crusher
    rook3434 likes this.
    Watch for Motorcycles

Nov 2012
    1073 times
    I also made a cap using a pvc cap. You can use ur Miracle Whip lid but the brite red peanut butter lids retain that aroma and make your gear bag smell good.

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    2049 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bowwinkles View Post
    I also made a cap using a pvc cap. You can use ur Miracle Whip lid but the brite red peanut butter lids retain that aroma and make your gear bag smell good.
    I was looking for a PVC end cap yesterday at Lowes and all I found was a 4" drain cap. Will that type still offer protection considering the drain holes on the flat part which is where the business end of the mag will rest?

Name:  038753007304md.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  7.4 KB
    Last edited by GopherDaGold; Aug 28, 2018 at 08:48 AM.
    Watch for Motorcycles

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    42298 times
    Would you guys show some pics of your rigs? I've got several industrial magnets and rope. I'm interested in trying my own bottom feeder.
    sprailroad likes this.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2015
    NW CT
    Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer Vibra-probe / TRX pp
    1489 times
    MD & NA artifacts
    Hi, folks - Stupid question. If you latch onto an immovable metal object with that, do you need to exert more than 350# of force to free the magnet?
    HH
    dts
    sprailroad likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    2049 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dts52 View Post
    Hi, folks - Stupid question. If you latch onto an immovable metal object with that, do you need to exert more than 350# of force to free the magnet?
    HH
    dts
    If the object is under water and coated with rust and barnacles, probably not. If the entire surface area of the mag is attached to your car door or fridge, probably so. Most magnet sellers show the testing used to determine the pulling force of their magnets.
    sprailroad and dts52 like this.
    Watch for Motorcycles

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    2049 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rook3434 View Post
    Would you guys show some pics of your rigs? I've got several industrial magnets and rope. I'm interested in trying my own bottom feeder.
    https://brutemagnetics.com/collectio...d-threadlocker
    Watch for Motorcycles

Nov 2012
    1073 times
    I was looking for a PVC end cap yesterday at Lowes and all I found was a 4" drain cap. Will that type still offer protection considering the drain holes on the flat part which is where the business end of the mag will rest?

Name:  038753007304md.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  7.4 KB
    I would think that would be a bit heavy. The cap I used was the 3 inch flat end cap. They also sell a cap that is rounded on the end but that would not work. I then took a large washer and taped it to the outside.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/3-in-dia-PV...yABEgK04PD_BwE

Charter Member
    us
    Watch For Motorcycles

Dec 2009
    2049 times
    Thanks for the link!
    Watch for Motorcycles

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2015
    NW CT
    Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer Vibra-probe / TRX pp
    1489 times
    MD & NA artifacts
    Thanks, Gopher.